Group calls for Action against unlicensed in NY

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a on a website the other day about an organization that was "fighting to protect the little person's right to rent rooms short term." Is it surprising that in the fine print, the organization was sponsored by FlipKey, VRBO, AirBnB and a few other similar?

A closed group I am on had this link. Some seem to be worried that the org mentioned in the link is only representing the big boy industry and will cause legit B&B's into a world wind of regulations that would put the end to our industry.
It is sad that we do not have a solid org. to represent our industry. Some state assoc. do well, others not so much. PAii - sigh.
The new org. well it is new, we shall see. If they could take on this issue by the horns and make sure our industry is represented and protected, they will have a membership like no other!

A closed group I am on had this link. Some seem to be worried that the org mentioned in the link is only representing the big boy industry and will cause legit B&B's into a world wind of regulations that would put the end to our industry.
It is sad that we do not have a solid org. to represent our industry. Some state assoc. do well, others not so much. PAii - sigh.
The new org. well it is new, we shall see. If they could take on this issue by the horns and make sure our industry is represented and protected, they will have a membership like no other!.
Someone recently posted that they get the rental list from the town, compare to AirBnB local list, and send apparent "illegals" to the town. That seemed brilliant.
I am considering that and expanding. All anonymous of course. Sending the list:
to the major home insurers. as potential insurance fraud. Recent article that insurance companies cancel their insurance when it finds out they are running a hotel.
to those who deal with code/zoning/fire/safety. The threat of needing sprinklers, fines, etc.
to the fed govt as possible tax evasion (if illegal, not hard to imagine many don't pay taxes)
to the state govt (same reason).
Perhaps these institutions will crack down and reduce the illegals somewhat.

Back