Guest photos and names on website, Facebook, etc.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisandShelley said:
What is your practice on posting names and/or photos of your guests on Facebook, in a blog, or anywhere in your website? We've taken some pictures of guests and posted them on Facebook without a problem (some have liked and commented). I've also mentioned a couple of names (first name only) congratulating on an anniversary or sharing a great story.
Has anyone had a bad experience from this?
Another way could be to use your guest book entries - the unique handwriting of a guest instead of their photograph. We use this feedback on our website "reviews" section (not up to date at the moment because the site is having a responsive design overhaul) but it's also on social media eg: https://www.facebook.com/anniesguesthouse.
Interesting idea. I like to read the entries in the guest book, but I didn't think about using them that way. I keep a Reviews Page and update it frequently from TripAdvisor, Facebook, BedandBreakfast.com and our post stay survey, but that is a good place to get them from.
ChrisandShelley said:
Interesting idea. I like to read the entries in the guest book, but I didn't think about using them that way. I keep a Reviews Page and update it frequently from TripAdvisor, Facebook, BedandBreakfast.com and our post stay survey, but that is a good place to get them from.
For me the unique handwriting, dodgy grammar and spelling mistakes just adds to the authenticity of the review or feedback as we like to call it.
anniesguesthouse said:
For me the unique handwriting, dodgy grammar and spelling mistakes just adds to the authenticity of the review or feedback as we like to call it.
Kids draw pictures. Those are fun, too.

Latest posts

Back