Guests From Hell - The Daily Saga

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAY 5
Anitclimax. Guests checked out with no major drama, only minor things. Usual HM requests over breakfast. Little boy shoved hand into goldfish cracker bin to load up for trip. Then came back after dropping all of them in parking lot and leaving crackers and paper cup strewn about. Reloaded. Both times left back door wide open with -20 temps outside.
Ah. Gone. Just replaced blind. Normalcy returned for now..
What is it with the travelers who leave the doors open? Do they have servants at home? Do they only stay at hotels with automatic doors? Are they just THAT self centered?
If it would bother them more, I'd leave the doors open! But, we all know how that goes. (Mice in the rooms, bugs flooring about, more trouble.)

DAY 5
Anitclimax. Guests checked out with no major drama, only minor things. Usual HM requests over breakfast. Little boy shoved hand into goldfish cracker bin to load up for trip. Then came back after dropping all of them in parking lot and leaving crackers and paper cup strewn about. Reloaded. Both times left back door wide open with -20 temps outside.
What is it with the travelers who leave the doors open? Do they have servants at home? Do they only stay at hotels with automatic doors? Are they just THAT self centered?
If it would bother them more, I'd leave the doors open! But, we all know how that goes. (Mice in the rooms, bugs flooring about, more trouble.)
And those who leave lights on? Light they don't pay electrical bills at home. Sometimes I wonder if I should get occupancy sensors for the rooms. No occupancy, no lights.

DAY 5
Morticia said:
What is it with the travelers who leave the doors open? Do they have servants at home? Do they only stay at hotels with automatic doors? Are they just THAT self centered
I wish we knew the answer to that question. We have a back door to our dining room, and soooooo many guests just go in and out and leave it wide open. Summer, spring, winter, fall, doesn't matter. How incredibly rude and thoughtless. To do it in fair weather is bad enough, but good god, it was -20F yesterday and we had SEVERAL guests just come on in and leave it wide open!

DAY 5
Morticia said:
What is it with the travelers who leave the doors open? Do they have servants at home? Do they only stay at hotels with automatic doors? Are they just THAT self centered
I wish we knew the answer to that question. We have a back door to our dining room, and soooooo many guests just go in and out and leave it wide open. Summer, spring, winter, fall, doesn't matter. How incredibly rude and thoughtless. To do it in fair weather is bad enough, but good god, it was -20F yesterday and we had SEVERAL guests just come on in and leave it wide open!
And not just A light - it is EVERY light in the bathroom PLUS the exhaust fan. The drapes are closed so those lights on too.

DAY 5
Morticia said:
And not just A light - it is EVERY light in the bathroom PLUS the exhaust fan. The drapes are closed so those lights on too.
Humidity detecting exhaust fans that have an automatic timer. We actually pulled out some of our exhaust fans to replace with these. So silent guests tell me all the time that they don't work. Except that I turn them on each day after I clean to ensure no smells or humidity.

DAY 5
Morticia said:
At that point, isn't it time to get a door closer?

DAY 5
Morticia said:
Humidity detecting exhaust fans that have an automatic timer. We actually pulled out some of our exhaust fans to replace with these. So silent guests tell me all the time that they don't work. Except that I turn them on each day after I clean to ensure no smells or humidity.
I had seriously considered the humidity detecting fan for bathrooms. But since we installed the dehumidifying split ductless AC we have practically eliminated the humidity problem during the summer months when we are busiest. Now that we are winding down it doesn’t make sense to invest in the automatic fan.
Glad to hear they work as advertised!

DAY 5
Morticia said:
I had seriously considered the humidity detecting fan for bathrooms. But since we installed the dehumidifying split ductless AC we have practically eliminated the humidity problem during the summer months when we are busiest. Now that we are winding down it doesn’t make sense to invest in the automatic fan.
You can also turn them off and on quickly and they are on a timer... to clear smells.

DAY 5
Morticia said:
PhineasSwann said:
Morticia said:
Reminds me of another project we've put off for years - automatic door closer. We didn't used to have a deck outside the door, just the steps, so the door closer would have pushed the elderly down the stairs! Now that we have a big deck, we can add the door closer!
Altho, I remember -20 in Vermont - the door closer used to grab my foot if I wasn't fast enough. The cold and the hydraulics don't get along!

DAY 5
Morticia said:
You can also turn them off and on quickly and they are on a timer... to clear smells.
We already have the traditional fan/light combo in all bathrooms. The problem here is the humidity....year 'round. Guests take 2-3 showers a day during the summer and would rather just wipe the fogged-up mirror with a towel than to turn on the exhaust fan. There have been many times when I have had to basically dry the walls and windows because they are dripping wet.

DAY 5
Morticia said:
We already have the traditional fan/light combo in all bathrooms. The problem here is the humidity....year 'round. Guests take 2-3 showers a day during the summer and would rather just wipe the fogged-up mirror with a towel than to turn on the exhaust fan. There have been many times when I have had to basically dry the walls and windows because they are dripping wet.
Hence humidity detecting. They also have a light switch that can be used as humidity detecting and turns on the fan automatically.

We have a no-kid policy. No children under the age of 16. For mommies and daddies only. Has not effected our bottom line, at all. This policy is definitely not for everyone. This is my second BnB. My first BnB made Fodors travel guide, top 5 in New York State. No kids was not an issue.

We have a no-kid policy. No children under the age of 16. For mommies and daddies only. Has not effected our bottom line, at all. This policy is definitely not for everyone. This is my second BnB. My first BnB made Fodors travel guide, top 5 in New York State. No kids was not an issue..
hello.

Back