Half my age

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Offered to carry all bags yesterday. Got an ok from one room. Pouring buckets and they had packed for an expedition. So, holding umbrella, hauling suitcases, balancing while trying to get door open.
Thank you? Not a peep..
Madeleine said:
Thank you? Not a peep.
You know, Proud Texan started charging for late checkouts and makes it an amenity: Just $X for a late checkout. Sign up before they're all gone!
Maybe you could put up a sign: Take advantage of our bellhop package! Get the room, the breakfast, and your luggage delivered to your room for just [regular room rate] plus $3/bag! Sign up fast, before the innkeeper tuckers out.
That's why you have to have the EARLY CHECK-IN $50 sign right below it!
tounge_smile.gif

I'm curious, do these people come in with their bags and have them when you greet them?
It's weird, but we just don't get that here. 99.9% of the time they leave their bags in the car and come in to check in empty handed or maybe with a pack/pillow, etc. I then take them to their room and do all the check-in stuff, then I leave. Only if it's an elderly couple will I ask if they would like help with their luggage..
That's right, out in the northwest.

Back