Happiness is . . .

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making enough money at the B&B so that you can close it and take your own vacations, walking on the beach far, far away.

1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations.
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I had this exact discussion today, DH said he is excited about vacations when he closed the door and his foot hits the pedal. I am excited well before that, in the anticipation mode, the actual vacation is only a part of the whole picture.
I concur!

Happiness is no one can book because grandchildren are coming.

Y'all have been innkeepers too long. ;-)
I bet you can come up with something else that means happiness that's not related to innkeeping.....
I am trying but everything ends with something that I did or didn't do in relationship to the inn. If I could just get that computer chip out of my neck that they insert when you become an innkeeper, maybe I could come up with something.
Happy, that was my chuckle for the morning!
tounge_smile.gif
I do remember the feeling....
Realize that this is any innkeeping forum, but isn't there more to life? I know that a lot of folks here on the forum talked about re-focusing their life in 2015.
regular_smile.gif

1.Planning my vacations
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I had this exact discussion today, DH said he is excited about vacations when he closed the door and his foot hits the pedal. I am excited well before that, in the anticipation mode, the actual vacation is only a part of the whole picture.
I concur!
Only 4 days to go, weeeee!! Las vegas here we come.
regular_smile.gif

1.Planning my vacations
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I concur!
regular_smile.gif

Mac King magic show (ask about special "free" tickets at the slot club desk. Check-in on Yelp for a free picture.) Carson Kitchen restaurant downtown. DB Brasserie at the Venetian. In fast food fare... Firehouse subs and In & Out burger (off menu item is called "Animal style" which is cooked with mustard on the grill.)

1.Planning my vacations
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I concur!
regular_smile.gif

>>burp<<

1.Planning my vacations
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I concur!
regular_smile.gif

Mac King magic show (ask about special "free" tickets at the slot club desk. Check-in on Yelp for a free picture.) Carson Kitchen restaurant downtown. DB Brasserie at the Venetian. In fast food fare... Firehouse subs and In & Out burger (off menu item is called "Animal style" which is cooked with mustard on the grill.)
thumbs_up.gif

What innkeeping? I am Granny this week - Woohoo. And thanked for making breakfast each morning even!

1.Planning my vacations
Breakfast Diva said:
1.Planning my vacations
2. Being on my vacations
I concur!
regular_smile.gif

Highlands John said:
regular_smile.gif
Road Kill Grill.
We still haven't gotten to the in and out burger.
Have fun!

Innkeeper Virginia meet up in less than 2 weeks. I go on from there to a reunion with one of my former pediatric partners who still enjoys life at age 86, then to visit family in PA. If everything works out the trip will be all without gas!

Innkeeper Virginia meet up in less than 2 weeks. I go on from there to a reunion with one of my former pediatric partners who still enjoys life at age 86, then to visit family in PA. If everything works out the trip will be all without gas!.
Innkeep said:
Innkeeper Virginia meet up in less than 2 weeks. I go on from there to a reunion with one of my former pediatric partners who still enjoys life at age 86, then to visit family in PA. If everything works out the trip will be all without gas!
I hope all my trips are with out gas! Oh you mean for the car!
wink_smile.gif
HA!

OK, a couple of days late with this...but having taxes DONE a day and a half early. It has been some years since I last said this.

I was thinking about this thread as the bacon was sizzling this morning. At my last overnight I was in the room above the kitchen at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage and recalled the same feeling as laying in bed until I could not longer after smelling bacon cooking downstairs...it is indeed a wonderful thing!

Having your garage (that's been through 5 construction projects) cleaned & organized by 2 guys (cost $260.00) Today another housekeeper is cleaning my hot tub room, then next week the 2 br. Inn Suite = that's what happines is !!!!4
New Add........RETURN GUEST that want 4 days....Taxes paid yesterday ... BBAV Inspector comes wed. Wish me luck ; (

Back