have you heard of buuteeq?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see how much it costs?
I think right on the home page of their site it's something like $400+/month for them to do everything for you. If you are planning to spend a big chunk of change for someone to host your website and so SEO work for you there are a lot of other companies out there to look at as well.
A direct quote from one of their sales reps- Websites are dead, they don't have to be pretty, everything is mobile now.
I think their CEO posted a very long speech on here awhile back that you might want to read.
https://www.innspiring.com/bb-directories/statement-ceo-buuteeq
https://www.innspiring.com/node/9837.
It's 99/mth. That was the quote I recieved. I'll check everything out.
Oh. and they also mobolize everything and do all the SEO stuff. The website's I've seen don't look bad, and they said they can keep my website and just transfer the data, and make whatever changes I want, and I can still maintain control and make changes on the site myself.
Sunshine said:
Oh. and they also mobolize everything and do all the SEO stuff. The website's I've seen don't look bad, and they said they can keep my website and just transfer the data, and make whatever changes I want, and I can still maintain control and make changes on the site myself.
See, that's where I have a problem...you pay them $99/month (or whatever it is) and YOU get to make changes to your website. For $1200/year you should have someone who does that for you. Quickly.
How does your website stack up now? Do you rank high on Google for a search in your market? Are you able to undertake any website work yourself? Can you optimize your site by doing an upgrade to it by buying a template that is mobile-optimized?
Personally, and only personally, not with any knowledge of anyone who has used their services, I don't like their phone calls telling me how much money I'm losing by not using them to do all the work. I spoke with someone who said one of their clients (and she gave me the website) saw a 20% increase in one month after using their service. I looked at the website. Ugly as sin, the photos didn't load right and it was exactly the same site as the next one I looked at.
If the owner had a 20% increase in sales due to that site, their original one must have been put up in 1996.
Perhaps I am fussy. Maybe guests don't care what a website looks like as long as what they want to know is on the home page.
My website is ok (i don't think its the greatest one out there) and I do come up #1 in a google search in my area.
I DON'T know how to mobilize it myself.
But I want to have control to do what ever I want to, to my site. I want to be able to make changes when I want to.
I have sent an email to a couple of other inns who are using them right now with some questions about them and to see if they are happy with the company. That will help too.
I will do a google search to try tto find other companies out there to compare with.
Could you all recommend ones to look at that does the same things for less? (it would save me time, rather than having to do a ton of google searches).
Inside Out Solutions might be less. Acorn won't be less, but you own your website with them.
Just adding a simple mobile page isn't very hard. If you have done the website from scratch, you can probably do the mobile part as well.
Of course, you have to have the time to do it. An easy way to do it is to have a very pared down page that you add to your site. One small photo, basic info and a link to that on the top left of your homepage. [Mobile users click here]
Having a truly mobile page/site is a lot more work. But, sometimes the mobile user just wants the basics...phone number, link to online booking, directions, breakfast included, things like that.

Did you see how much it costs?
I think right on the home page of their site it's something like $400+/month for them to do everything for you. If you are planning to spend a big chunk of change for someone to host your website and so SEO work for you there are a lot of other companies out there to look at as well.
A direct quote from one of their sales reps- Websites are dead, they don't have to be pretty, everything is mobile now.
I think their CEO posted a very long speech on here awhile back that you might want to read.
https://www.innspiring.com/bb-directories/statement-ceo-buuteeq
https://www.innspiring.com/node/9837.
Sunshine said:
See, that's where I have a problem...you pay them $99/month (or whatever it is) and YOU get to make changes to your website. For $1200/year you should have someone who does that for you. Quickly.
How does your website stack up now? Do you rank high on Google for a search in your market? Are you able to undertake any website work yourself? Can you optimize your site by doing an upgrade to it by buying a template that is mobile-optimized?
Personally, and only personally, not with any knowledge of anyone who has used their services, I don't like their phone calls telling me how much money I'm losing by not using them to do all the work. I spoke with someone who said one of their clients (and she gave me the website) saw a 20% increase in one month after using their service. I looked at the website. Ugly as sin, the photos didn't load right and it was exactly the same site as the next one I looked at.
If the owner had a 20% increase in sales due to that site, their original one must have been put up in 1996.
Perhaps I am fussy. Maybe guests don't care what a website looks like as long as what they want to know is on the home page.
My website is ok (i don't think its the greatest one out there) and I do come up #1 in a google search in my area.
I DON'T know how to mobilize it myself.
But I want to have control to do what ever I want to, to my site. I want to be able to make changes when I want to.
I have sent an email to a couple of other inns who are using them right now with some questions about them and to see if they are happy with the company. That will help too.
I will do a google search to try tto find other companies out there to compare with.
Could you all recommend ones to look at that does the same things for less? (it would save me time, rather than having to do a ton of google searches).
Inside Out Solutions might be less. Acorn won't be less, but you own your website with them.
Just adding a simple mobile page isn't very hard. If you have done the website from scratch, you can probably do the mobile part as well.
Of course, you have to have the time to do it. An easy way to do it is to have a very pared down page that you add to your site. One small photo, basic info and a link to that on the top left of your homepage. [Mobile users click here]
Having a truly mobile page/site is a lot more work. But, sometimes the mobile user just wants the basics...phone number, link to online booking, directions, breakfast included, things like that.
Get yourself a responsive wordpress template and do it yourself. There are lots of them out there, reasonable cost and you can maintain it easily. And you will have a mobile site with no additional work.
Yes you can do all sorts of bells and whistles, but you can also have a really nice looking site taking a template as is, putting in your photos and copy and paste in your text to the pages you create. For a 3 room place, I could never afford bu u tee q. Unless you are rolling in $$$ you probably can't eaither. They left a really bad impression here if you look at past threads.

If they are just going to transfer over your site, I don't see why you should pay so much money. Your site can have an editor added (CMS) so you can make easy changes yourself. Your site can also have a mobile site done for not much money. Where you encounter the $$$ is when you have a whole new site created.
Aren't you for sale? If so, then let the new owner deal with adding a brand new site. They would want to change it anyway and it's also something that can be pointed out to prospective new owners that they could probably increase the business by adding a brand new site. It gives them the hope of potential new income which all new owners focus on.
Get a quote from Acorn and others (I prefer Acorn) to see how much a CMS and mobile site would cost.

well, i'm totally confused. $99 a month?
where is that on their website? for an independent inn i saw this:
[h3]Cloud DMS[/h3]
Our powerful Cloud DMS package gives you gorgeous, customizable and fully-branded digital marketing with online reservations for your inn website, mobile website and Facebook page.
Setup Fee: $500[/h4]
[h4]Yearly: $3,000 - $5,000 USD[/h4]
... still looking for the $99 a month option ....
help.gif
and even at $1200 a year, that is a lot..
seashanty said:
well, i'm totally confused. $99 a month?
where is that on their website? for an independent inn i saw this:
[h3]Cloud DMS[/h3]
Our powerful Cloud DMS package gives you gorgeous, customizable and fully-branded digital marketing with online reservations for your inn website, mobile website and Facebook page.
Setup Fee: $500[/h4]
[h4]Yearly: $3,000 - $5,000 USD[/h4]
... still looking for the $99 a month option ....
help.gif
and even at $1200 a year, that is a lot.
Yes, perhaps because I only have 3 rms....IDK.
I already have a website and they will simply transfer it. Maybe thats why. They don't have to "create" a website.
And the setup fee was 200 but he waived it.
I am also 3 rooms and consider $$99 per month outrageous. I do not pay $99 per year for my hosting!
Remember - right now you are being recruited (wooed, dating, etc) and after you sign on you are married and divorce is nigh on to impossible. Think of the e-mail joke about heaven and hell.

i know nothing ... personally ... about this company.
but i would like to know this ... if a $99 a month website as described to you is available, with all the mobile and social media bells and whistles, and their setup fee is being waived, why can't i find that on their website? and that you can take the site with you if you leave them, etc.
please DO get all this in writing ... i don't want to be a naysayer since i have no personal experience with them ... but i have been promised things verbally by vendors and then billed differently and told i 'must have misunderstood'.

Agree buuteeq made a big mistake when they put Wandair on line. I think they learned their lesson with the help of the posts on this forum. Interestingly they had not included any Canadian B&B/Inns in that fiasco.
I think you really need to talk to them about pricing. Think there is flexibilty depending upon how many rooms you have.
We had a US SEO company doing SEO work on our old site for about a year & were pleased with what they did but it was not cheap. With the buuteeq package (website hosting, business fb page & mobile site as well as free webinars & information blogs), SEO is included and we have seen an increase in traffic.
The great thing is that you have complete control over content & leave the technical staying abreast with Google/Bing etc changes up to them.
We have had great feedback from our guests without even asking them. They love the navigation, the "Locations" page where we list the local attractions, restaurants, etc & it gives them a map & written directions as well as pics, info about the place & a weblink, telephone number etc.
It is very easy to change the pics, content & add navigation anywhere in the website & it has the added benefit of automatically updating the fb page & mob site. The mob site is more than one page & we are seeing the mob users going to several pages
Like many of you, we are seeing a good increase of mob traffic. In our case it is about 10% of all organic searches.
Needless to say we are pleased with our move to buuteeq & just to let you know, they do not know what we are saying here.
We did check them out before going to them & we even went to their Seattle office unannounced.
Yes this is a great testimonial but we would caution anyone not to go with a company they do not feel is right for them. You need to feel comfortable that they can meet your needs & will work with you. We have been in the B&B business for over 10 years & buuteeq has been the easiest web oriented company we have dealt with.

Aren't you for sale? If so, then let the new owner deal with adding a brand new site. They would want to change it anyway and it's also something that can be pointed out to prospective new owners that they could probably increase the business by adding a brand new site. It gives them the hope of potential new income which all new owners focus on.
My thinking as well. Also, this tacts on another monthy expense for the purchaser - that is if the contract would be transferable to the new owner
wink_smile.gif
or would they have to renegotiate? Again in writing!!
Catlady mentioned Worldpress to build a mobile site, and I agree there. We just completed a rebuild of our site and have the mobile site in progress. Mobile sites are more simple and all the stuff you need to pull is right on your current website.
If you need SEO support, there are 100's (if not 1000's) of companies that can handle that for you at a fraction of the cost.
I know some people love having everything bundled in one big package... until you find that prices are less elsewhere on one of the pieces but then you are stuck in a contract.

My thinking as well. Also, this tacts on another monthy expense for the purchaser - that is if the contract would be transferable to the new owner
wink_smile.gif
Catlady mentioned Worldpress to build a mobile site, and I agree there. We just completed a rebuild of our site and have the mobile site in progress. Mobile sites are more simple and all the stuff you need to pull is right on your current website.
If you need SEO support, there are 100's (if not 1000's) of companies that can handle that for you at a fraction of the cost.
I know some people love having everything bundled in one big package... until you find that prices are less elsewhere on one of the pieces but then you are stuck in a contract..
If you have a responsive wordpress website. there is NO NEED for an additional mobile site. A waste of time and money. And in fact, most wordpress sites can be seen on smartphones anyway with nothing special done. I don't know who out there is pushing mobile sites, because at least in my opinion, they are not needed. I think SWIRT commented the same way in another thread way back when :)

wink_smile.gif
I know some people love having everything bundled in one big package... until you find that prices are less elsewhere on one of the pieces but then you are stuck in a contract..
If you have a responsive wordpress website. there is NO NEED for an additional mobile site. A waste of time and money. And in fact, most wordpress sites can be seen on smartphones anyway with nothing special done. I don't know who out there is pushing mobile sites, because at least in my opinion, they are not needed. I think SWIRT commented the same way in another thread way back when :)
I agree CL. Also, what mostly happens is that the guests who are on the road on a mobile device just simply call. Our calls have increased 10 fold. It drives me crazy! They don't even really know who they are calling, they just are looking for a room. Rarely are we able to accommodate them and a lot of them are not looking for something in our price range. Like the one that called last night a 1:00am!!

wink_smile.gif
We are Not stuck in a contract. Who is? I know when we did soe's we were stuck in a contract, . And who hosted us we were stuck. Hey we checked all companies in our area . Also in the USA we check a few out. For us what was offered we just said all right ,lets give it a try. But like we said you have to do what YOU feel is right and you would be happy with. Thank goodness we all don't like one company. Cause if we did then there would never be a choice. So Sunshine just do your homework and then sit and decide what works for you best. Good Luck!

i would not use them, like gillum said way to h igh for a 3 room in and making sure that YOU OWN YOUR DOMAINE NAME AND WEBSITE is paramount because if you do not own either they have full control of everything specially your domain name-this is what controls your website to be seen-and remains in your hands if you decide you do not want to deal with the one we are discussing-trust me you want to keep your website and copywrite what it is or they can use info on the website. $99/month is WAY TO MUCH and as catlady and the other said its not worth that much $$ and are they really going to do what you want at the drop of a hat? and if you want control in changing the web content=-then why do you need to spend that much just to be mobile?
Make sure you read ALL THE FINE PRINT cause thats were they get you if you want to leave...

Sunshine,
One of the founders (I believe) of this company gave an impressive presentation at the 2011 fall conference of the Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild. They certainly appear "legit". Perhaps someone with the WBBG could help you with info. Names are at www.wbbg.com The presentation was on the second day of a 2 day conference. But there was another presenter the first day who was also very impressive, and perhaps should be checked out? But if you're for sale, wouldn't you want to let the next owner operator deal with this? There may be a minimum period or cancellation fee and what if your buyer doesn't want it, or you sell as a residence?

Sunshine,
One of the founders (I believe) of this company gave an impressive presentation at the 2011 fall conference of the Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild. They certainly appear "legit". Perhaps someone with the WBBG could help you with info. Names are at www.wbbg.com The presentation was on the second day of a 2 day conference. But there was another presenter the first day who was also very impressive, and perhaps should be checked out? But if you're for sale, wouldn't you want to let the next owner operator deal with this? There may be a minimum period or cancellation fee and what if your buyer doesn't want it, or you sell as a residence?.
OLD NEWS and of course they are impressive but still doesn't mean you have to pay those kind of $$$$ for a website.especially for a small 3 bed place.

Back