Hello

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this web site. I have been running a B&B in the midwest since 2012 when I took over my families inn. I started with four buildings and 12 rooms. I now have 6 buildings and 21 rooms. I had zero lodging experience although, as a former professional wrestler, I had stayed in many hotels. I have also managed restaurants and bars as well as operated a landscape maintenance company for 20 years. I believe at 41, I am younger than most innkeepers (certainly in my area). Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I would love to hear from some other younger B&B operators. I am very passionate about my business and have been able to learn quite a bit about the industry in the last 3 years. I will apologize in advance as I am sometimes very blunt. Know I always mean well.
Cheers,
B

Welcome "B", I can't be much help on the subject of younger innkeepers, too old too fast, but in the time I've been a member I've found lots of nice folks and interesting topics. We're a tiny mom and pop motel so somewhat out of step with most of the folks here, but many of the joys and problems seem much the same.

Welcome! Everyone here speaks their mind so you'll be in good company
wink_smile.gif

Welcome from a young innmate! There are a few of us. New England area

If you are blunt you came to the right place..
true! - I believe in honesty, there is no point asking a question on here that people pussy foot around giving you the answer you need because they are worrying about it - If I ask people to critique something I want to see it as a customer would see.

Welcome! My DW and I are also in the Midwest. I started when I was 18 and I'm now 37 but look much older. I think it's because of the job! :) nothing here is sugar coated. If it is enough people on here know your sugar coating it and will call you out on it. Glad you found us!

Welcome!
We appreciate that you are not the "sensitive" type and can have a rational conversation here, you can call a spade a spade and use the shovel to get stuff done.

Hi. We are entering our 20th year! Can't actually believe it. I started when I was 36. I still love it! Also in the N.E. area.

July is our 20-year anniversary. Our old house is a bit older than I am, but I think we have aged pretty decently - at least the house has.

July is our 20-year anniversary. Our old house is a bit older than I am, but I think we have aged pretty decently - at least the house has..
gillumhouse said:
July is our 20-year anniversary. Our old house is a bit older than I am, but I think we have aged pretty decently - at least the house has.
Congratulations! What a great reason for a party!

Hi. We are entering our 20th year! Can't actually believe it. I started when I was 36. I still love it! Also in the N.E. area..
Country Girl said:
Hi. We are entering our 20th year! Can't actually believe it. I started when I was 36. I still love it! Also in the N.E. area.
Congratulations! Wow, impressed!

Hi. We are entering our 20th year! Can't actually believe it. I started when I was 36. I still love it! Also in the N.E. area..
You are still a young whippersnapper - good for another 20. at least. I have you by almost a generation and am not quitting yet (although I admit I am just about ready to but cannot).

Remember when 40's was so old? 40's is a hard time for most of us, so many transitions on many diff realms.

Wow! Next Year will be our 10th season. Made it past the 7 year slump and hope to match your longevity. Congratulations!

welcome.gif

I'm not very 'young', nor very 'blunt' though I can be edgy and happy to help. Welcome!

Welcome, and your professional background must be a help ... face or heel?

Welcome. We just opened our little bed and breakfast and though it is a new business have had years of experience in hospitality. I find this is a wonderful place to come for information and encouragement. The best to you from Northern New York.

Back