Hiring - what are your criteria?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have an employee! She starts on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Only summer. But if I can get thru August I'm ok..
Madeleine said:
Only summer. But if I can get thru August I'm ok.
and if she shows up and doesn't do a great job, keep her anyway. Let her do the grunt and you can go behind...I know that is crazy, but you gotta let those things slide, there is no way she will do a perfect job.
Showing up is half the battle! Congrats.
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
and if she shows up and doesn't do a great job, keep her anyway. Let her do the grunt and you can go behind...I know that is crazy, but you gotta let those things slide, there is no way she will do a perfect job.
You know this is my bugaboo. Dh implores me every year to not upset the help by demanding they do their job correctly. I hate checking work that should be done properly by someone else.
But I know everyone goes around after the help to clean up what they missed.
Unfortunately, that leaves footprints on the carpet and there is no way I am re vacuuming the rooms.
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
You know this is my bugaboo. Dh implores me every year to not upset the help by demanding they do their job correctly. I hate checking work that should be done properly by someone else.
Unfortunately, that leaves footprints on the carpet and there is no way I am re vacuuming the rooms.
this is funny, because I follow everyone around and fix things. The glasses aren't straight, the pillows are 'wrong.' nice to know I'm not the only one.

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
If you are worried about footprints, then you won't be able to handle any help (paid help I mean). It is a lot worse than that you get to fix. I am happy to have someone haul everything up the stairs and make the beds (improperly). It is what it is. I have to let stuff go, I cannot make the rooms perfect, there is not enough time in the day.
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
If you are worried about footprints, then you won't be able to handle any help (paid help I mean). It is a lot worse than that you get to fix. I am happy to have someone haul everything up the stairs and make the beds (improperly). It is what it is. I have to let stuff go, I cannot make the rooms perfect, there is not enough time in the day.
It's the first impression... My room wasn't vacuumed, I see footprints. I am really good now tho, I take off my shoes and erase my footprints as I go.I stick to the edges, too.
Dh just trots in with his size 12 boots.
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
It's the first impression... My room wasn't vacuumed, I see footprints. I am really good now tho, I take off my shoes and erase my footprints as I go.I stick to the edges, too.
I hate footprints after I've vacuumed, too. My secret weapon is a rubber broom (it has a flat head with short rubber tines instead of long whisking bristles). I rake the broom over the footprints and it lifts them back up and looks just like another pass with the vac.
I got a couple of these brooms eons ago at a home show but this is similar: http://www.amazon.com/ALL-ONE-Rubber-Broom-Telescoping/dp/B00295A83I

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
I hate footprints after I've vacuumed, too. My secret weapon is a rubber broom (it has a flat head with short rubber tines instead of long whisking bristles). I rake the broom over the footprints and it lifts them back up and looks just like another pass with the vac.
I got a couple of these brooms eons ago at a home show but this is similar: http://www.amazon.com/ALL-ONE-Rubber-Broom-Telescoping/dp/B00295A83I
Rubber broom! Beats trying to erase them with my foot as I back out of the room!

Back