Housekeeper Wanted Ad Help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying it again. Now that school is back in session perhaps a local stay at home mom with kids in school will want to work for us and make some $.
I cannot manage this business and do all the room cleaning and laundry and cooking and everything else. Calgon take me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy...
Craigslist...be good to me man

I am trying it again. Now that school is back in session perhaps a local stay at home mom with kids in school will want to work for us and make some $.
I cannot manage this business and do all the room cleaning and laundry and cooking and everything else. Calgon take me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy...
Craigslist...be good to me man.
Good luck kiddo! I'm thinking of placing an ad for the fall season. We are just too dang old to do this 7 days/week for the next 2 months.
It's hard enough doing it 3 days/week.
Once we hit November it's slow again. We can handle that.
But I hear ya! And I have DH here all the time. Couldn't do what you do.

I feel your pain, JB. It is next to impossible to find someone dependable, even when you lower your standards. This summer, I did it pretty much on my own and am so, so thankful the season is almost over. Good Luck to you...

I feel your pain, JB. It is next to impossible to find someone dependable, even when you lower your standards. This summer, I did it pretty much on my own and am so, so thankful the season is almost over. Good Luck to you...
We advertised recently and was able to hire someone that I think will work out really well for us- fingers crossed!
But we did have one lady that applied who was neighbors with another staff member. DH gave me her application after she had left and said she had quite a bit of hotel housekeeping experience, so I got excited! He called her in for an interview. The next day when I met the woman, I was quite surprised. She appeared much older and didn't seem to be in the best condition.. But, to each his own, right? I try to keep an open mind.
I sat down with her and our Senior Housekeeper to do the interview, and she goes on to tell us that she's 81, she broke her back and had surgery a couple years ago, and was recently in the hospital for some other stuff. And when I ask if she anticipates any difficulty in climbing up and down the stairs everyday, carrying multiple loads of heavy wet laundry and bags of trash, and constant bending during cleaning tubs and making beds, she says no- she can handle it.
All I can think about it a worker's comp claim...
sad_smile.gif

We advertised recently and was able to hire someone that I think will work out really well for us- fingers crossed!
But we did have one lady that applied who was neighbors with another staff member. DH gave me her application after she had left and said she had quite a bit of hotel housekeeping experience, so I got excited! He called her in for an interview. The next day when I met the woman, I was quite surprised. She appeared much older and didn't seem to be in the best condition.. But, to each his own, right? I try to keep an open mind.
I sat down with her and our Senior Housekeeper to do the interview, and she goes on to tell us that she's 81, she broke her back and had surgery a couple years ago, and was recently in the hospital for some other stuff. And when I ask if she anticipates any difficulty in climbing up and down the stairs everyday, carrying multiple loads of heavy wet laundry and bags of trash, and constant bending during cleaning tubs and making beds, she says no- she can handle it.
sad_smile.gif

MountainMystery said:
sad_smile.gif
We had one like that last summer. Worked a couple of days, went in the hospital, asked us for an advance and then never showed up again.
We just heard from some govt agency wanting her pay info for 12 months. Dh called and said we didn't recognize the name but the SSN was the same and she only worked for a week, not a year. They seemed surprised to hear this.
Figured she was trying to pull some scam.

Strike three on showing up. No not one person, the third person who was supposed to show up today, no show. Yesterday no show, day before no show. I am done with it for a while. Full house, three rooms to turn and an elopement who wants to check in early. DH is out moving mulch.
I am really getting fed up with this. Surely someone wants a job, after all the whole country is out of work blah blah blah boo hoo hoo woe is me.
shades_smile.gif

Strike three on showing up. No not one person, the third person who was supposed to show up today, no show. Yesterday no show, day before no show. I am done with it for a while. Full house, three rooms to turn and an elopement who wants to check in early. DH is out moving mulch.
I am really getting fed up with this. Surely someone wants a job, after all the whole country is out of work blah blah blah boo hoo hoo woe is me.
shades_smile.gif
We couldn't even get the one who was being paid to watch us work while we showed her the ropes to come back after the first day.
Luckily, the college kids need the money so they come back.

shades_smile.gif
Sounds like they only wanted to tick the box saying they were looking for work. Not that they were really looking to work.
That's a sorry situation.

I'm confused I work for three non profits and when we post help wanted ads on Craigslist, we have to pay. It's not expensive, but not free.
Can you tell me how you post a free help wanted ad there?.
seashanty said:
I'm confused I work for three non profits and when we post help wanted ads on Craigslist, we have to pay. It's not expensive, but not free.
Can you tell me how you post a free help wanted ad there?
Just saw this for you:
All craigslist postings are free, except for:
1. Job postings in SF Bay Area—$75 per job per category (e.g. 1 job in 2 categories is $150).

2. Job postings in the following areas—$25 per job per category (e.g. 1 job in 2 categories is $50):

Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Central NJ, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Inland Empire, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Long Island, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, North Jersey, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Sacramento, St. Louis , San Antonio, San Diego, Seattle, South Florida, Tampa, Washington DC.

3. Brokered apartment rentals in New York City—$10.

4. Therapeutic services in the United States—$10 (reposting of live ads $5).
5. Tickets by-dealer in the United States—$5.
6. Cars/trucks by-dealer in the United States—$5.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted for payment.
Paid posting accounts provide additional payment options in many cases.
I have to laugh when I see ads that say 'must be honest and trustworthy' ... I just wonder if someone would decline to apply because they're not trustworthy. If I can't trust them, I don't think they'll tell me in the interview that they might make off with the church silver.
Ah, it's been one of those weeks. Trying to hire summer help to watch small children and one 20-something came to the interview and
said 'I really don't like kids'
omg_smile.gif

me: 'Why are you applying for this job?!'
answer: 'My mom told me I had to get my lazy butt out the door'
sad_smile.gif

NEXT!
Seashanty posted: answer: 'My mom told me I had to get my lazy butt out the door'
That made me chuckle. Thanks!

Back