Housekeeping chuckles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome story!! LOL
Our high school girl just asked for next week off. WHAT??? her friend is coming to visit.
I said, you get off at 1 or 2, you can spend plenty of time with her. DH simply said, "I need the coverage."
Later, we remembered when we were kids with high school jobs. I missed my uncle's funeral because I worked as a waitress at a small place and there wasn't coverage for me to be gone 4 days. We worked when we were told to work. geeze..
TheBeachHouse said:
Awesome story!! LOL
Our high school girl just asked for next week off. WHAT??? her friend is coming to visit.
I said, you get off at 1 or 2, you can spend plenty of time with her. DH simply said, "I need the coverage."
Later, we remembered when we were kids with high school jobs. I missed my uncle's funeral because I worked as a waitress at a small place and there wasn't coverage for me to be gone 4 days. We worked when we were told to work. geeze.
Follow up - The friend arrived and (so sad) the girl was sick the whole week! Can you imagine? So sick she couldn't work. Her friend came all the way here to visit and the poor girl spend the week sick. I felt awful for her. Or wait, I felt angry toward her. Yes, that's it.
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Awesome story!! LOL
Later, we remembered when we were kids with high school jobs. I missed my uncle's funeral because I worked as a waitress at a small place and there wasn't coverage for me to be gone 4 days. We worked when we were told to work. geeze.
Follow up - The friend arrived and (so sad) the girl was sick the whole week! Can you imagine? So sick she couldn't work. Her friend came all the way here to visit and the poor girl spend the week sick. I felt awful for her. Or wait, I felt angry toward her. Yes, that's it.
I think she needs another week off. Maybe 2. You could find a temp replacement who magically works out better. ;-)
Geez Louise.
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Awesome story!! LOL
I think she needs another week off. Maybe 2. You could find a temp replacement who magically works out better. ;-)
Geez Louise.
She's 17. No work etiquette yet. When we were her age, I remember missing a funeral because I was scheduled to work. Summer is seasonal. You work or you're out. We are looking for a replacement. As of now, 1/2 a housekeeper is better than none.
And I remember going to work right after my prom, still drunk. Ah those we the days.

Back