How do I get experience

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Location does count. Make sure you know how it counts in order of importance.
We looked at 4 or 5 B&B's in this town before we decided on the one we chose. The reasons we liked it better - owners' apartment was not cramped, ocean view, house style, bargain price (cuz it needed lots of love.)
I actually would have preferred a location closer to the center of town, but the owners' apartment and view cancelled out proximity.
For us, the living space is very important. I've seen innkeepers live in a bedroom or even a basement for the summer. We were not willing to do that. Just something to take into consideration.
btw - in our town right now there are two inns for sale. The more expensive one is the ocean views. The less expensive is the close to town. Both are beautiful and will likely sell as single family homes or condo conversions. Which makes me sad..
TheBeachHouse said:
but the owners' apartment, the living space is very important.
I agree, think that is a very important consideration, initially the business may be a new adventure, but longer term the innkeeper has to have a life too.

Location does count. Make sure you know how it counts in order of importance.
We looked at 4 or 5 B&B's in this town before we decided on the one we chose. The reasons we liked it better - owners' apartment was not cramped, ocean view, house style, bargain price (cuz it needed lots of love.)
I actually would have preferred a location closer to the center of town, but the owners' apartment and view cancelled out proximity.
For us, the living space is very important. I've seen innkeepers live in a bedroom or even a basement for the summer. We were not willing to do that. Just something to take into consideration.
btw - in our town right now there are two inns for sale. The more expensive one is the ocean views. The less expensive is the close to town. Both are beautiful and will likely sell as single family homes or condo conversions. Which makes me sad..
TheBeachHouse said:
but the owners' apartment, the living space is very important.
I agree, think that is a very important consideration, initially the business may be a new adventure, but longer term the innkeeper has to have a life too.
Definitely, which is what I liked about this house. We could have a living room to relax in together. THEN he made it into his studio and disposed of the "comfortable" chair I sat in. This winter, I have an electrician coming to look at wiring the "workshop" (originally half the porch converted into a sunroom) so I can move my office there to my side of the house (it has an entrance from the front porch if need be) and make the current office a guest lounge.
I want the next owners to have a comfortable space to live in.

Back