How is your branding?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a seminar yesterday given by digital Scotland about technology trends in tourism. I went in thinking I was relatively up on these things and came out with my brain trying to escape out my ears.
google+, fb, twitter, instagram, pinterest, snapchat, ....... it's just goes on and on. I could spend my whole day just managing my online presence and forget about making beds and cooking breakfasts. However as a friend pointed out who also has a B&B, we've been pretty much fully booked since 1st may and haven't had a day off in 8 weeks, how much more do we need to do.
Interesting ds's next seminar is about developing a social media strategy, will definitely get myself on that course..
Highlands John said:
However as a friend pointed out who also has a B&B, we've been pretty much fully booked since 1st may and haven't had a day off in 8 weeks, how much more do we need to do.
Booking up for the high season is "relatively" easy; it's the shoulder and off seasons when one has to work at it, and it's those times that could (potentially) make or break a business...
OnTheShore said:
Highlands John said:
However as a friend pointed out who also has a B&B, we've been pretty much fully booked since 1st may and haven't had a day off in 8 weeks, how much more do we need to do.
Booking up for the high season is "relatively" easy; it's the shoulder and off seasons when one has to work at it, and it's those times that could (potentially) make or break a business...
Yes!
There is a town near us that B&B's open every year, last one or two "seasons" and then shut down. They can't pay the mortgage year round on what they make in the peak season.
JBloggs said:
OnTheShore said:
Highlands John said:
Yes!
There is a town near us that B&B's open every year, last one or two "seasons" and then shut down. They can't pay the mortgage year round on what they make in the peak season.
We told lookie lous the other day that you can't spend spend spend in the summer when the money is rolling in, you have to save it up for the slow seasons.
Yes, it's all about paying attention to your cash flow, and seeing the bigger picture (e.g. longer term view).

Back