How much are you into wine?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the comments, your replies are even "better" than I expected :)
On a completely unrelated note: back in December at a blind wine tasting here in Moldova we had a wine from the US. This was the only time we had and tried american wine. It was from the "14 Hands Winery", "Hot to Trot Red Blend Columbia Valley 2012".
It easily took #1 in the blind tasting of red blends. It has a beautiful label with horses on it, very cool!.
When my now Finland son lived in California, they had a friend with a wine shop and took some classes about wine. He said the Two Buck Chuck was a surprisingly good wine. (I think it costs a bit more than two bucks now though.)
It's around four bucks now and either my taste buds have changed (definitely) or it's not what it used to be (possibly) .
We brought it along for a joke on an innkeeper's vacation and no one else would touch it.

A glass or two of wine makes a meal special and we indulge a couple of days a week when sharing good food with friends. I enjoy both reds and whites depending on the season and the menu, but I do not consider myself knowledgeable about the finer details of the wines we drink.
I did have occasion recently to be offered a truly wonderful red wine without knowing ahead of time just how special it was. Wow! It was immediately obvious that this was more than the usual $10-$20 bottle. When I went to the liquor store to inquire about buying a bottle of the wine as a gift, was shown the locked case of temperature controlled bottles, and told the price was over $150 I was kind of proud to know that I had been able to tell the difference! This was wine worthy of a stand-alone date...just me and the bottle. It's a good thing I can't afford it.
Arks, have you found a way to use your wine budget as a medical write off on your taxes?
shades_smile.gif
Silverspoon said:
Arks, have you found a way to use your wine budget as a medical write off on your taxes?
shades_smile.gif
I'm afraid if they find out I have 1000 bottles in the basement, they'll want to tax it!
Hahaha!
teeth_smile.gif
omg_smile.gif

dumitru said:
Hi people,
Just wanted to pick your brains a little... Sorry for "using" you like this :)
So, 3 questions:
1. How much/often do you drink wine? - Occasionally only.
2. How would you score your knowledge about wine? Do you know your stuff, or do you just drink whatever is in the glass, and all you know is red, white and rose. Red and white only. I don't have so much knowledge about wines. I learned basic things when I worked in a hotel before.
3. If you would have a customer from a distant country or a distant state, would you like/appreciate getting a bottle of their local wine as a gift, no strings attached? Yes, I would definitely give one! We also used to make wines as our gift to our VIP customers or guests in the hotel.
Cheers!

1. How much/often do you drink wine? - occasionally only
2. How would you score your knowledge about wine? Do you know your stuff, or do you just drink whatever is in the glass, and all you know is red, white and rose. Red and White only. But I love the smell of rose. My knowledge about wine is just limited. I just learned the basic info from the hotel I worked before.
3. If you would have a customer from a distant country or a distant state, would you like/appreciate getting a bottle of their local wine as a gift, no strings attached? - Yes, I would definitely go for a bottle of wine. We used to give wines to our VIP guests/customers in the hotel.

1. How much/often do you drink wine? - occasionally only
2. How would you score your knowledge about wine? Do you know your stuff, or do you just drink whatever is in the glass, and all you know is red, white and rose. Red and White only. But I love the smell of rose. My knowledge about wine is just limited. I just learned the basic info from the hotel I worked before.
3. If you would have a customer from a distant country or a distant state, would you like/appreciate getting a bottle of their local wine as a gift, no strings attached? - Yes, I would definitely go for a bottle of wine. We used to give wines to our VIP guests/customers in the hotel.

1. We will have a glass when we have friends over, which is usually once or twice a week.
2. I know a fair amount wine.
3. We offer guests complimentary wine. The wine is not local, but we do offer local craft beer as well. Probably 50% of guests will have one glass of wine or one beer. If I mention that the beer is from a local brewery they're much more likely to try it. If we lived in wine country I think guests would want to have a glass for the experience of trying something local. When we went to Canada we tried all the local wines we could find. One of my sons chooses his vacation spots around craft beer breweries. They are quite popular among the 20-30 year-olds.

Back