How TA charges your expired cc without your permission

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mailing address: TripAdvisor Inc., 400 1st Avenue, Needham, MA 02494.
General company phone number: 781-800-5000..
Duff2014 said:
Mailing address: TripAdvisor Inc., 400 1st Avenue, Needham, MA 02494.
General company phone number: 781-800-5000.
I don't want to mess aground with, 'your communication was not received by the correct department.'
If I don't hear back from the rep I will call that number. Thanks.
Glad I started this 6 weeks in advance.
Old fashioned certified mail for a paper trail is sometimes a good thing.

We have a credit card with Bank of America that we use strictly for online purchases - it has an option called ShopSafe, which allows you to set up a valid credit card number for a specific amount and/or specific expiration dates. It's on their Visa and Mastercard.
I guess I don't know if TA has an agreement with them that allows them to get back to your 'true' account information. If I were doing this for myself, I would call the B of A customer service first.

We have a credit card with Bank of America that we use strictly for online purchases - it has an option called ShopSafe, which allows you to set up a valid credit card number for a specific amount and/or specific expiration dates. It's on their Visa and Mastercard.
I guess I don't know if TA has an agreement with them that allows them to get back to your 'true' account information. If I were doing this for myself, I would call the B of A customer service first..
InnSemiRetirement said:
We have a credit card with Bank of America that we use strictly for online purchases - it has an option called ShopSafe, which allows you to set up a valid credit card number for a specific amount and/or specific expiration dates.
I'd forgotten about that! I'm with B of A also, and as I recall it's like a newly generated number just for use online (they don't send a plastic card) that's easy work with. I may take another look at that for online purchases, especially if I still get my travel miles!

If you want to continue to use the business account write a check for the year.

Here's an interesting one I just learned about in the latest issue of Consumer Reports: 10-minute Mail.
When a website asks for your email address, like those who send an email to verify you, but it's a site you only want to use once, you can go to 10-minute Mail and they give you a valid email address that's only good for 10 minutes, then it is deleted. So it's valid long enough to receive a "click to verify your address" link, but you don't risk starting to get spam from them, or somebody they sell your address to.

Back