how to close the sale

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunshine said:
I get people who call, ask questions, I answer, they sound really excited and want to make a reservation, and say they have to ask their wife, cousin, other travel companions etc... and will call me back..... but then they don't...
How do you get them to make the reservation while you have them on the phone without sounding pushy or desperate??
For me, it is like this, I don't want them calling back and my having to refund it all and undo the entire reservation. I would rather have them be sure when they reserve AND agree to our cancelation policies.
PS "I will check and call back" means NO, it is too much $ and they won't reserve. I end the call with "You can save $10 if you want to book online if I am unavailable later to take your call..."

I spent a lot of time and effort(and expense) to set an informative website with a booking engine and availability calendar. Nothing chaps my hide more than for someone to call me while THEY ARE LOOKING at my site to see if we we have availability. When I ask them if they had looked at our calendar they say "Yes, but we just wanted to be sure." DUH!

I spent a lot of time and effort(and expense) to set an informative website with a booking engine and availability calendar. Nothing chaps my hide more than for someone to call me while THEY ARE LOOKING at my site to see if we we have availability. When I ask them if they had looked at our calendar they say "Yes, but we just wanted to be sure." DUH!.
We actually say right on our website -- "This calendar is what WE look at to see what is available!"

I spent a lot of time and effort(and expense) to set an informative website with a booking engine and availability calendar. Nothing chaps my hide more than for someone to call me while THEY ARE LOOKING at my site to see if we we have availability. When I ask them if they had looked at our calendar they say "Yes, but we just wanted to be sure." DUH!.
We actually say right on our website -- "This calendar is what WE look at to see what is available!"
I may change mine to say that. Right now it says, 'yes, this calendar i's up to date!'
If i said I was going to look at the same calendar would it slow down the callers who say, 'I'm looking at the calendar right now but I thought you might have had a cancellation...'

I may change mine to say that. Right now it says, 'yes, this calendar i's up to date!'
If i said I was going to look at the same calendar would it slow down the callers who say, 'I'm looking at the calendar right now but I thought you might have had a cancellation...'
Madeleine said:
I may change mine to say that. Right now it says, 'yes, this calendar i's up to date!' If i said I was going to look at the same calendar would it slow down the callers who say, 'I'm looking at the calendar right now but I thought you might have had a cancellation...'
RezKey provides a form for you to get on a waiting list if the dates you want are full. I get numerous requests to be put on a waiting list FOR DAYS THAT ARE OPEN! Just make the reservation already.

Madeleine said:
I may change mine to say that. Right now it says, 'yes, this calendar i's up to date!' If i said I was going to look at the same calendar would it slow down the callers who say, 'I'm looking at the calendar right now but I thought you might have had a cancellation...'
RezKey provides a form for you to get on a waiting list if the dates you want are full. I get numerous requests to be put on a waiting list FOR DAYS THAT ARE OPEN! Just make the reservation already.
Proud Texan said:
Madeleine said:
I actually undid that feature as there was a glitch, and people were using it as a contact form. I rethought it, reformatted it. I can see the value of having a contact form right then instead of having to leave rezkey and go find my contact us page.
It was not working the way I wanted it to, so I changed it up a bit. I am still not super happy with it, but it is not worth hassling "the man" over.

Back