How to Get the Flame Back When You've Flamed Out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may sound silly...but I felt we maybe should cave in.
Being away for 6 months and stuck here in CA .Cause of an accident with motor home . I can't wait to get back home and get to work. The flame is glowing bright. Bought all new bedding for both places, Have thoughts on replace one of the chesterfields. Change walls colouring .Also found 15 new recipe books to try new breakfasts .
Yes we all can't get away for that long I know. But some times a rest is the best medicine..
Flower said:
Being away for 6 months and stuck here in CA .Cause of an accident with motor home .
Oh Flower, I hope there weren't any serious injuries. Driving a motor home is not for wimps.
We feel like we had a miracle before our eyes. A living miracle. You know how people won't leave space between you and another car. Well the car ahead of him slammed on the breakings as a result he did also slammed his on. he had passed us and was very close to our front we were going 43 miles on a 65 mile zone. Cause motor homes don't stop on a dime. We hit him good and hard.
His car was and old Mercedes. As they are built like a tank. NOBODY! got hurt. I still cannot believe no one got hurt. Our home damage is 2o thousand dollars to repair. He took out all our front lights and damage our front badly.
He The driver of the Mercedes pretend to not speak English. But after speaking to the female police women she asked me to explain to the drive of the car what poutine was^^^^ I did and guess what he understood everything I said!!!! amazing uh?
We feel very blessed that no one was hurt. The angels were working over time
.Now we are under the gun to get across the border as our time is up. Don't know what the border people will do??Time will tell. Very stressfully time right now. We still have about 1,500 miles to get home.
Thank you for asking .Innkeeper.
As you are a USA citizen and going home I doubt you will have much trouble - sounds like a right pain in the ****
glad you are all ok - I had the same thing with a pheasant once - ran out infront of a car 3 ahead - he slammed on the breaks, next car hit him and me and the other car behind just missed them by inches and were lucky nothing was coming the other way! I didn't have a mobile phone in my car then and made me make sure I always did from then on!

Being away for 6 months and stuck here in CA .Cause of an accident with motor home . I can't wait to get back home and get to work. The flame is glowing bright. Bought all new bedding for both places, Have thoughts on replace one of the chesterfields. Change walls colouring .Also found 15 new recipe books to try new breakfasts .
Yes we all can't get away for that long I know. But some times a rest is the best medicine..
Flower said:
Being away for 6 months and stuck here in CA .Cause of an accident with motor home .
Oh Flower, I hope there weren't any serious injuries. Driving a motor home is not for wimps.
We feel like we had a miracle before our eyes. A living miracle. You know how people won't leave space between you and another car. Well the car ahead of him slammed on the breakings as a result he did also slammed his on. he had passed us and was very close to our front we were going 43 miles on a 65 mile zone. Cause motor homes don't stop on a dime. We hit him good and hard.
His car was and old Mercedes. As they are built like a tank. NOBODY! got hurt. I still cannot believe no one got hurt. Our home damage is 2o thousand dollars to repair. He took out all our front lights and damage our front badly.
He The driver of the Mercedes pretend to not speak English. But after speaking to the female police women she asked me to explain to the drive of the car what poutine was^^^^ I did and guess what he understood everything I said!!!! amazing uh?
.Now we are under the gun to get across the border as our time is up. Don't know what the border people will do??Time will tell. Very stressfully time right now. We still have about 1,500 miles to get home.
As you are a USA citizen and going home I doubt you will have much trouble - sounds like a right pain in the ****
glad you are all ok - I had the same thing with a pheasant once - ran out infront of a car 3 ahead - he slammed on the breaks, next car hit him and me and the other car behind just missed them by inches and were lucky nothing was coming the other way! I didn't have a mobile phone in my car then and made me make sure I always did from then on!
Joey Camb said:
I had the same thing with a pheasant once - ran out infront of a car 3 ahead - he slammed on the breaks, next car hit him and me and the other car behind just missed them by inches and were lucky nothing was coming the other way!
This is why I am glad we don't have dinosaurs. If a pheasant can cause this, just imagine...
shades_smile.gif

Flower said:
Cambs we are Canadian's. What we found strange no one stopped to let us across the free way. NO ONE. !!!

Flower said:
So glad to hear you & your DH are OK - but sorry to hear of the accident. Can the Consulate help you with the time limit problem? I apologise for the late concern - was up to my ears with something unusual for us - revolving door guests and an elopement. All will be well. I am certain of it.

Flower said:
Cambs we are Canadian's. What we found strange no one stopped to let us across the free way. NO ONE. !!!
You were in California - a Very ME State as in I am the only one who matters. In Chicago there would have been a gapers block for mile.

Flower said:
So glad to hear you & your DH are OK - but sorry to hear of the accident. Can the Consulate help you with the time limit problem? I apologise for the late concern - was up to my ears with something unusual for us - revolving door guests and an elopement. All will be well. I am certain of it.
I am happy to hear your new adventure went well. Good Job well done. I know it was not easy to do. Hope you have many more bookings .They say,once in the groove the next time is easier.
As far as consulate I don't think they would really care. DH thinks I am worrying to much that all will be ok! I hope he is correct. Just takes one U.S. border guard to be a bit ******. We have a lot of pictures and a letter from the shop fixing our motor home.

Flower said:
Flower said:
That is rotten.
I spent 6 horrible hours on the side of the road once on busy I-5 near San Onofre and the only person who stopped was a guy to relieve himself. Even C.H.I.P.S drove past! That was pre people breaking down and getting killed (as a general rule). We always carried a gun in the vehicle - but this was just me on my own driving to meet up with a date.
Once we broke down on the Grapevine (I was with Dad). Someone had tossed out NAILS on the highway, and a van pulled up and some rough characters got out and approached the car. Not one person, about 4 ot 5 guys (red flag!) Dad immediately got out, as we had only just broke down there, and Dad ended up pulling the .357 out from the back of his pants and sending them on their way. I will always remember seeing that scene. Dad said, and I quote, never have a baseball bat or a jack as they will grab it and use it on you.
Another time I had a flat and it was my car with my little sister and mother along, and some detectives stopped and put us in their car to take us off the highway, they said "Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY with your vehicle when you break down". This was the same time a police officer was "helping stranded motorists" in San Diego county, and killing them. They instituted the no natter who has lights on to stop, keep going until you get to a crowded parking lot, like a grocery store before stopping.
Southern Calf is not a great place to break down.
Here last year we stopped to take a photo not far from the house, and at least 3 cars pulled up and said "Are y'all broke down? Do you need some help?" It is a different world! I think I wrote a blog article about that, it warmed my heart. Say what you will, preconceived notions about the south, but they are awesome!
I did write about another time here.

Flower said:
Flower said:
That is rotten.
I spent 6 horrible hours on the side of the road once on busy I-5 near San Onofre and the only person who stopped was a guy to relieve himself. Even C.H.I.P.S drove past! That was pre people breaking down and getting killed (as a general rule). We always carried a gun in the vehicle - but this was just me on my own driving to meet up with a date.
Once we broke down on the Grapevine (I was with Dad). Someone had tossed out NAILS on the highway, and a van pulled up and some rough characters got out and approached the car. Not one person, about 4 ot 5 guys (red flag!) Dad immediately got out, as we had only just broke down there, and Dad ended up pulling the .357 out from the back of his pants and sending them on their way. I will always remember seeing that scene. Dad said, and I quote, never have a baseball bat or a jack as they will grab it and use it on you.
Another time I had a flat and it was my car with my little sister and mother along, and some detectives stopped and put us in their car to take us off the highway, they said "Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY with your vehicle when you break down". This was the same time a police officer was "helping stranded motorists" in San Diego county, and killing them. They instituted the no natter who has lights on to stop, keep going until you get to a crowded parking lot, like a grocery store before stopping.
Southern Calf is not a great place to break down.
Here last year we stopped to take a photo not far from the house, and at least 3 cars pulled up and said "Are y'all broke down? Do you need some help?" It is a different world! I think I wrote a blog article about that, it warmed my heart. Say what you will, preconceived notions about the south, but they are awesome!
I did write about another time here.
One morning at 2 AM I was waiting at the exit with 4-way flashers for some horse guests (I escort them to the stable). At the time, they were doing the grading work 24/7 for the new development going in there. I was totally startled to have a man knock on the window of my car - he was asking if I was OK or needed help - he was the dozer operator.

Back