hurt my back

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hurt mine pitching a hissy fit last night watching the superbowl. The fans sure got their money worth in that game!.
Joey Bloggs said:
I hurt mine pitching a hissy fit last night watching the superbowl. The fans sure got their money worth in that game!
You are officially a Southerner!! You know that you PITCH a hissy fit!
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I hurt mine pitching a hissy fit last night watching the superbowl. The fans sure got their money worth in that game!
I know it, and I did. It was a rollercoaster! I almost couldn't take it.
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I knew when the game was boring as the DH switched to 'The Bucket List' for awhile. Then back again. Then back to the movie again. Finally he did watch the end. It is the only ballgame he ever watches. One game every year. I think it's just to say he did it.

I hurt mine pitching a hissy fit last night watching the superbowl. The fans sure got their money worth in that game!.
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I knew when the game was boring as the DH switched to 'The Bucket List' for awhile. Then back again. Then back to the movie again. Finally he did watch the end. It is the only ballgame he ever watches. One game every year. I think it's just to say he did it.
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That would probably be when the dome had a blackout for 32 minutes... there was nothing boring about this superbowl.

Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That would probably be when the dome had a blackout for 32 minutes... there was nothing boring about this superbowl.
You got that right...right from the get go...it was one of the best games I have seen. When the lights when out, I worked on line and then went back to it after they started up. YEAH RAVENS!!!

Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You got that right...right from the get go...it was one of the best games I have seen. When the lights when out, I worked on line and then went back to it after they started up. YEAH RAVENS!!!
EmptyNest said:
I just saw this Super Bowl national ratings highest in Nielsen meter history

I have a bad back that gives me fits a couple times a year, and there's just nothing I can do about it, but limit my actions. What I have found, over the years, is if I am suspiciously under-booked - little to no bookings...there's a reason. I'm going to be sick, or something is going to go wrong with the house, or the back is going out. Be thankful that you have no guests and can take this time to take care of yourself. Best of Luck!

I have a bad back that gives me fits a couple times a year, and there's just nothing I can do about it, but limit my actions. What I have found, over the years, is if I am suspiciously under-booked - little to no bookings...there's a reason. I'm going to be sick, or something is going to go wrong with the house, or the back is going out. Be thankful that you have no guests and can take this time to take care of yourself. Best of Luck!.
I totally agree with this. We had an almost full house the weekend I was scheduled to be gone. DH would have been alone doing all the housekeeping. Almost everyone canceled and I panicked thinking it was because my dad was going in the hospital for surgery.
Nope, it was because a week later DH was in the hospital having an emergency heart procedure. Had he worked a full house alone he might have had a heart attack right then and there. Alone.

Hope you're on the mend soon!
This is good advice to aspirings, especially if they are considering having one of the B&B partners work outside the biz in another job. Could be tough if the other person can't get away from their other job to pitch in when needed.

I have a bad back that gives me fits a couple times a year, and there's just nothing I can do about it, but limit my actions. What I have found, over the years, is if I am suspiciously under-booked - little to no bookings...there's a reason. I'm going to be sick, or something is going to go wrong with the house, or the back is going out. Be thankful that you have no guests and can take this time to take care of yourself. Best of Luck!.
I totally agree with this. We had an almost full house the weekend I was scheduled to be gone. DH would have been alone doing all the housekeeping. Almost everyone canceled and I panicked thinking it was because my dad was going in the hospital for surgery.
Nope, it was because a week later DH was in the hospital having an emergency heart procedure. Had he worked a full house alone he might have had a heart attack right then and there. Alone.
Yep...I'm a firm believer, especially in this business...that things happen for a reason. Try not to fight it and it's far less stressful!

Back