I hate my local grocery store floral

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad_smile.gif
Terrible! Sorry to hear about the "arrangement".... Gomez needs glasses.
Gomez wears glasses! He had them on! She wrapped the flowers in paper, he didn't see them. However, that said, he has shown a distinct lack of the 'romantic' gene.
I asked for flowers, he brought home flowers, end of story.
If he had bought them for me, there would not have been a nice glass jar, just the flowers in the plastic wrap.
I have to be specific - bring home girlfriend flowers, not wife flowers. ;-)
When I put flowers out in the breakfast room, I have to make it a point to check on them daily (remember, I'm at work in the city, he runs the inn.)
If they droop or rot or lose their petals, he won't notice no matter how much time he spends serving and cleaning up breakfast.
Flowers are my job.
TheBeachHouse said:
When I put flowers out in the breakfast room, I have to make it a point to check on them daily (remember, I'm at work in the city, he runs the inn.)
If they droop or rot or lose their petals, he won't notice no matter how much time he spends serving and cleaning up breakfast.
Flowers are my job.
A reason why I only have flowers where I can see them everyday. Not in the rooms, where it might be a few days before someone checks in! I killed a lovely plant because I forgot about it over the winter. It sat, poor thing, in the upstairs hallway of the inn screaming for water but I never heard it. I went to clean the rooms to reopen and there it was - dead. PO's had hanging plants in a lot of rooms. Those had to go.
This year I remembered to grab the replacement plant in December and move it into my house.
My mom is like Gillum and Jcam. She went outside to plant flowers when the phone rang. My sister answered the phone and told the friend that Mom was outside burying flowers! The only plant that has been successful with my mom is the spider plant.

sad_smile.gif
Gomez wears glasses! He had them on! She wrapped the flowers in paper, he didn't see them. However, that said, he has shown a distinct lack of the 'romantic' gene.
If he had bought them for me, there would not have been a nice glass jar, just the flowers in the plastic wrap.
Flowers are my job.
TheBeachHouse said:
Flowers are my job.
A reason why I only have flowers where I can see them everyday. Not in the rooms, where it might be a few days before someone checks in! I killed a lovely plant because I forgot about it over the winter. It sat, poor thing, in the upstairs hallway of the inn screaming for water but I never heard it. I went to clean the rooms to reopen and there it was - dead. PO's had hanging plants in a lot of rooms. Those had to go.
This year I remembered to grab the replacement plant in December and move it into my house.
My mom is like Gillum and Jcam. She went outside to plant flowers when the phone rang. My sister answered the phone and told the friend that Mom was outside burying flowers! The only plant that has been successful with my mom is the spider plant.
I have a baby from a spider plant I snipped at work in 1980. Another tree that grew from a floral arrangement i got in 1988. A ponytail palm from my first house, 1985 vintage.
However I've killed off a lot of other plants.

sad_smile.gif
Flowers are my job.
TheBeachHouse said:
Flowers are my job.
I have a baby from a spider plant I snipped at work in 1980. Another tree that grew from a floral arrangement i got in 1988. A ponytail palm from my first house, 1985 vintage.
However I've killed off a lot of other plants.
So far, the only plants I have managed to NOT kill (even with the help of Himself and his "have to trim them" attitude of destruction) is a Ficus I have had since about 1989 and a rubber tree since 1991. Both tell me "WATER ME FOR GOODNESS SAKE" by dropping leaves - the rubber tree with a THUNK in my office/Library and the Ficus in a mess of brown leaves in the dining room. That is probably why they survived.

Back