I never learn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddie, what age group/economic group is this? I'm curious to see if it's the same for us..
Country Girl said:
Maddie, what age group/economic group is this? I'm curious to see if it's the same for us.
'Kids' with money from big cities.
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Maddie, what age group/economic group is this? I'm curious to see if it's the same for us.
In my short time, I have found that they are the least friendly, least interested, most standoffish. And yet, pretty quiet.
Morning, all.
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
In my short time, I have found that they are the least friendly, least interested, most standoffish. And yet, pretty quiet.
Morning, all.
It's odd. When we have a house full of geezers they are all talking to each other, trading places to go, great restaurants, all of that. The one time we had 5 rooms of 20-somethings they didn't even talk to the one they came with much less talk to the other tables! They're so shy with each other.
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
It's odd. When we have a house full of geezers they are all talking to each other, trading places to go, great restaurants, all of that. The one time we had 5 rooms of 20-somethings they didn't even talk to the one they came with much less talk to the other tables! They're so shy with each other.
I think that's why we do well with the young ones. They want to see what a b&b is all about, but they don't want to be social with others.

Maddie, what age group/economic group is this? I'm curious to see if it's the same for us..
Country Girl said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morning, all.
Morning! I think they're quiet because they have their nose buried in their smartphone or tablet, or they're thinking about their smartphone or tablet!
Arkansawyer said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morning, all.
Morning! I think they're quiet because they have their nose buried in their smartphone or tablet, or they're thinking about their smartphone or tablet!
We ahd the weirdest group. Parents and 16 year old goth boy. They rented a two room suite and another room. The extra room was for Mom cuz Dad snores and she needs her own room. TMI. The kid was so funny. Angry, eyes down, short grunts instead of words. We were laughing. The wife was friendly, the husband was loud and snide making fun of us for being rich. (If we were rich, would we be laundering his sheets?????) He's the one able to rent three rooms! LOL
don't get me started! we plough every penny back into this place (well chuffed with myself as just saved a bundle on carpet) and you get people who are oh like"why didn't you do X?" feel like saying cos money doesn't grow on trees luv!" drives me mad! think they think we have a pool somewhere where we swim about in it and don't spend it on the business! Plus i don't know anyone in the trade who doesn't do exactly the same - property prices being what they are here nearly all profits go on mortgages!

Country Girl said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
TheBeachHouse said:
Morning, all.
Arkansawyer said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morning, all.
We ahd the weirdest group. Parents and 16 year old goth boy. They rented a two room suite and another room. The extra room was for Mom cuz Dad snores and she needs her own room. TMI. The kid was so funny. Angry, eyes down, short grunts instead of words. We were laughing. The wife was friendly, the husband was loud and snide making fun of us for being rich. (If we were rich, would we be laundering his sheets?????) He's the one able to rent three rooms! LOL
don't get me started! we plough every penny back into this place (well chuffed with myself as just saved a bundle on carpet) and you get people who are oh like"why didn't you do X?" feel like saying cos money doesn't grow on trees luv!" drives me mad! think they think we have a pool somewhere where we swim about in it and don't spend it on the business! Plus i don't know anyone in the trade who doesn't do exactly the same - property prices being what they are here nearly all profits go on mortgages!
hahaha.
He mentioned where he was from and I told him I'd grown up in that area. His exact words were, "My parents were probably your parents' servants." As I was standing there holding his dirty dishes, I just smiled and didn't bother to point out to him the irony.

Country Girl said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
I think that's why we do well with the young ones. They want to see what a b&b is all about, but they don't want to be social with others.
Breakfast Nemo said:
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Country Girl said:
Morning, all.
If I had to do it all again I would have an anti-social B&B! I would market it as that too. I would give every guest a gnome to blow up too.
I have always said I would have cabins that were dog friendly.
shades_smile.gif

Back