I'm a genius ( or I'm not and I just didn't know about this)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect timing on this post! I just joined Innspiring.com minutes ago and was setting up to iron my pillowcases and napkins. Thank you!
As for my sheets, unless someone is checking into a room immediately, I don't dry my sheets in the dryer. My front loading washer spins out most of the water so I remove the sheets and put them directly on the bed. The sheets dry quickly on the bed wrinkle free!
As a bonus the sheets smell fresher and it extends the life of my sheets by not putting them in the dryer. Win-win!.
Welcome! Glad to have you join!
So the sheets dry on the bed… with the blankets on top?…. Don't they get the mattress padding wet? I'm confused! Could you explain it in more detail? Thank you!
Thank you! It is great to join such a helpful and supportive group.
Yes, make the entire bed, wet sheets and blanket and bedspread. I haven't tried wet blankets but the sheets dry in a few hours even when the entire bed is made. I double sheet my blankets and all three sheets dry with the entire bed made up.
The sheets seem crisper and cooler too!
thumbs_up.gif

Never heard of it before… but I don't think I will ever get the idea past the powers that be here at our inn. But next time there's a crunch for time and the stuff not quite dry, I won't be so worried!
I have been doing this for a while. The only time it didn't work out was when a couple checked in and then wanted to upgrade to a nicer room and I had just made up the bed wet. Eek!
As long as you have a few hours (or overnight) it works. You might try it on your own bed first.
Not only is it a new idea, I don't think I can strip, wash, and remake a bed fast enough for it to dry before someone wants in and when a room is not rent that night, its the last room to be done or just gets stripped of everything and left for the next day. Whether I like it or not, or could use it or not, I like to learn new ideas.
My last new idea someone told me and I will drop it here if anyone wants to try it out. I didn't like how the fold lines showed it was inside out and the pillowcase for some reason doesn't stand up but slouches or its the person didn't straighten it out, etc.
Pillowcases. You pull them off and wash them inside out. Then you grab the corners and the pillow's corners and pull it over the pillow. The person claim that it is faster, easier, and more sanitary then stuffing the pillow in the pillowcase.
I love to try new hacks. Thanks!
Except for October, my B&B is not overflowing all the time (which is how I like it) so the wet sheets work around here.

Perfect timing on this post! I just joined Innspiring.com minutes ago and was setting up to iron my pillowcases and napkins. Thank you!
As for my sheets, unless someone is checking into a room immediately, I don't dry my sheets in the dryer. My front loading washer spins out most of the water so I remove the sheets and put them directly on the bed. The sheets dry quickly on the bed wrinkle free!
As a bonus the sheets smell fresher and it extends the life of my sheets by not putting them in the dryer. Win-win!.
Holy cow that would not work here! I've pulled dampish sheets out of the dryer and they are still dampish hours later. On the bed they would just soak in making everything smell funky.
My first summer here I tried to lose the ironing as I was ironing it at midnight! The sheets done then were still damp in the morning when trying to make the beds.
I bet it works well in a drier climate, tho!
I am surprised your sheets stay wet. Is your washer a front loader?
I do not live in a dry climate. I am in a temperate rain forest up here in Western NC. Maybe it has something to do with putting them on the bed? I don't know.

I hate to iron (yes, hate) so I will try the vodka ... err ... 'linen' water
But wet sheets on the bed here would give me a mildewed bed. Damp towels stay damp all day. It's just to humid and moist here.
I am always worried about making sure to pull wet sheets OFF the bed.
:)

So the sheets dry on the bed… with the blankets on top?…. Don't they get the mattress padding wet? I'm confused! Could you explain it in more detail? Thank you!
Yes, make the entire bed, wet sheets and blanket and bedspread. I haven't tried wet blankets but the sheets dry in a few hours even when the entire bed is made. I double sheet my blankets and all three sheets dry with the entire bed made up.
thumbs_up.gif

Never heard of it before… but I don't think I will ever get the idea past the powers that be here at our inn. But next time there's a crunch for time and the stuff not quite dry, I won't be so worried!
I have been doing this for a while. The only time it didn't work out was when a couple checked in and then wanted to upgrade to a nicer room and I had just made up the bed wet. Eek!
As long as you have a few hours (or overnight) it works. You might try it on your own bed first.
Not only is it a new idea, I don't think I can strip, wash, and remake a bed fast enough for it to dry before someone wants in and when a room is not rent that night, its the last room to be done or just gets stripped of everything and left for the next day. Whether I like it or not, or could use it or not, I like to learn new ideas.
My last new idea someone told me and I will drop it here if anyone wants to try it out. I didn't like how the fold lines showed it was inside out and the pillowcase for some reason doesn't stand up but slouches or its the person didn't straighten it out, etc.
Pillowcases. You pull them off and wash them inside out. Then you grab the corners and the pillow's corners and pull it over the pillow. The person claim that it is faster, easier, and more sanitary then stuffing the pillow in the pillowcase.
Except for October, my B&B is not overflowing all the time (which is how I like it) so the wet sheets work around here.
I assume you aren't putting anything over the sheets like a comforter otherwise how could they dry?
we never ironed sheets. Just pillowcases and the tops of the turndown

I have my beds done before the first set are finished washing! No time for even dampish sheets.

thumbs_up.gif

I assume you aren't putting anything over the sheets like a comforter otherwise how could they dry?
we never ironed sheets. Just pillowcases and the tops of the turndown
I make the entire bed. The sheets dry with blankets and all.

I have my beds done before the first set are finished washing! No time for even dampish sheets..
Me too. I strip beds and toss the sheets down, make beds. and come down to start laundry. I do not like having unmade beds. It "looks" good if someone comes that I want to give a tour to, even it the room is NOT "guest ready".

I have my beds done before the first set are finished washing! No time for even dampish sheets..
Me too. I strip beds and toss the sheets down, make beds. and come down to start laundry. I do not like having unmade beds. It "looks" good if someone comes that I want to give a tour to, even it the room is NOT "guest ready".
Same here. Walk into a room and do bed first and then straighten up the room. Then if a guest sticks their head into the open door, they see a nicely made bed in a nice room even if its not "clean and ready to go".

thumbs_up.gif

So what type of sheets do you use? Microfiber, maybe?
I don't even think microfiber would dry here under those conditions.

thumbs_up.gif

So what type of sheets do you use? Microfiber, maybe?
I don't even think microfiber would dry here under those conditions.
I remember visiting the in-laws in Hot Spring, AR. The sheets felt clammy when you got into them at night - and the felt clammy when you out of bed in the morning. I do not think that place EVER felt dry.

I have been meaning to come back with an update and kept forgetting.
When I switched over to the comforters & duvets, the duvets were a wrinkled mess from being folded all summer (and not too neatly). I figured what the hay and did the vodka treatment. Dang! it was a beautiful thing. I spritzed, smoothed and went to do another room. Came back and it was nice. Thank you. I guess I did not give it a chance to work the first time I tried it.

When I switched over to the comforters & duvets, the duvets were a wrinkled mess from being folded all summer (and not too neatly). I figured what the hay and did the vodka treatment. Dang! it was a beautiful thing. I spritzed, smoothed and went to do another room. Came back and it was nice. Thank you. I guess I did not give it a chance to work the first time I tried it..
No problem K. I figured that you were just a perfectionist and I was just too tired to be too picky
wink_smile.gif

When I switched over to the comforters & duvets, the duvets were a wrinkled mess from being folded all summer (and not too neatly). I figured what the hay and did the vodka treatment. Dang! it was a beautiful thing. I spritzed, smoothed and went to do another room. Came back and it was nice. Thank you. I guess I did not give it a chance to work the first time I tried it..
No problem K. I figured that you were just a perfectionist and I was just too tired to be too picky
wink_smile.gif

Perfectionist is not in my vocabulary. Some will be spitting coffee at the monitor as they read your post.

Back