I'm such a twit (err, not?) Are you?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
I have been told to tweet by the advisors to my employers ... so I've set up twitter ID's but I don't get it.
Who is the whiz bang authority on twitter?
I am not connecting in my head how it works. One employer's website is linked to twitter and the posts on it automatically generate tweets ... so that is taken care of I guess. I am getting emails that so and so is following on twitter. Am I supposed to quickly check their profile and follow them back?
And what is the purpose of a hashtag? I do SO LOVE that ad where the guy calls it 'hashbrown'
regular_smile.gif

Also ... is there a software that autoposts for you ... to blog, to facebook, to twitter all at once? I seem to recall something like that ... was it hootsuite? I'll have to go search
Man, Social media is leaving me on my tricycle in the dust!

Twitter has two sides.... When you tweet, that is what the world sees and specifically your "followers". Those that you "follow" are those who tweets you see.
You can have facebook tweet your entries. And yes, there are plenty of website that will schedule tweets for you.

I think jb is the twitter queen. It just goes too quickly for me.
Yes, you can automatically link your Facebook page to twitter.
Make sure you are set up to receive emails from twitter if anyone contacts you via Twitter.
If someone follows you on Twitter, check their profile and then follow back if it's a real account you want to be associated with. Don't auto follow!
You can do that a couple of times/week.
I go thru other accounts to see who they follow and then follow some of them myself.
If you have time, post different things on Twitter vs Facebook vs Pinterest vs Instagram vs whatever.

pinterest and instagram ... i really need to get on board with all of it before the next wave of 'new' .........

I had a Twit ter account when I was an innkeeper and I just couldn't keep up with that and the blog and everything else. How many inn websites have you visited that have a blog and the last post was a year ago? And you go to the FB page and there's hardly anything there? Much less tweets? It's mind boggling!
All this social media takes a lot of commitment and if you're handling most of the biz yourself, I just don't know when you can find the time. I'm always amazed at JB and all that she does!!!

seashanty said:
Also ... is there a software that autoposts for you ... to blog, to facebook, to twitter all at once? I seem to recall something like that ... was it hootsuite? I'll have to go search
Take a look at BufferApp dot com for one possible automated posting software product.

seashanty said:
Take a look at BufferApp dot com for one possible automated posting software product..
You still have to write the posts, do the scheduling and pay them to put it out there. May as well do it yourself.
You can set up your own Twit and FB accounts to interact with one another. Just goo gle it. You'll get the answers.

hootsuite is the one that posts to all. I am still on the scooter (with training wheels), SS, while you are on the tricycle. A presenter for a Media workshop at the Muni League Conference (where I have been for the last 3 days) when asked said that is the one he uses (and social media is his job).

Back