Introducing myself

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thumbs_up.gif
Welcome and good luck. When is the drawing? Let us know if someone else doesn't..
Drawing is in 8 days! The winner is announced, I believe, on June 6th

Thanks for the intro Susan and I wish you all the luck with the contest. As you've said, it may not happen for you, but it sounds like you're open to other opportunities. It sounds like it's the perfect time in your lives for some change, so if it's winning the contest or something else, go for it!.
Thank you :)

Duff,
I am a stepmother who raised five kids total, you just described the last 25 years of my life, LOL!!.
I can top you - we had 6 when we got married 40 years ago. Because I insisted on adopting hers, theirs, and mine so I am the Other Mother to 5 and Mother to 1 but the oldest and youngest boys consider themselves to have only one Dad.
Wow, on your way to sainthood, lol. I clearly remember when our youngest entered elementary school, it felt like I had come out of a sixties experience to finally have time to shower and drink coffee in a silent house by myself.
Not that I am hesitant to go back to that pace!

Duff,
I am a stepmother who raised five kids total, you just described the last 25 years of my life, LOL!!.
I can top you - we had 6 when we got married 40 years ago. Because I insisted on adopting hers, theirs, and mine so I am the Other Mother to 5 and Mother to 1 but the oldest and youngest boys consider themselves to have only one Dad.
Wow, on your way to sainthood, lol. I clearly remember when our youngest entered elementary school, it felt like I had come out of a sixties experience to finally have time to shower and drink coffee in a silent house by myself.
Not that I am hesitant to go back to that pace!
Sainthood is not anywhere in my itinerary. 5 months after we were married the twins started kindergarten. When registering them, I said I did not care if they were in the same class, just please put them in the same time period. So one was mornings and one was afternoons, my son was almost 2, and I worked graveyard shift so we did not need babysitters. And I was room mother/field trip chaperone/PTA officer during this time period. When Himself was permanently laid off, I picked up a day shift part-time job - by this time everyone was in school - and then he went to art school. When the 2-legged animals were old enough they were running around the neighborhood all summer anyway, I switched shifts with the full & part-time jobs. You do what you gotta do.
It was good training for what I do now. I am not bragging or "pinning a rose on me", just the facts. We all have our stories of how we got where we are. My reward for my past life was to get to live back in West Virginia and have a B & B in a small town where I can be a medium-size fish in my puddle called Shinnston.
It is my hope that each of our innmates is as blessed as I am.

I didn't hear who won. I hope it was you!.
Nope, I didn't win, and I wasn't even in the top 20. There must have been a lot of serious talent writing in. I hear there's a lot of sour grapes over the winner that was chosen, but I am moving forward in my life.
My visit to the San Diego, CA was amazing, our daughter wants us to move out there from NY, but I need to have an income lined up. We shall see what we shall see :)

Nope, I didn't win, and I wasn't even in the top 20. There must have been a lot of serious talent writing in. I hear there's a lot of sour grapes over the winner that was chosen, but I am moving forward in my life.
My visit to the San Diego, CA was amazing, our daughter wants us to move out there from NY, but I need to have an income lined up. We shall see what we shall see :)
California? Okay. How about this;
http://www.1134h.com
For more look up B & Bs for sale in California

California? Okay. How about this;
http://www.1134h.com
For more look up B & Bs for sale in California
Ooooh, lovely inn! If I were 20 years younger I would be tempted by this one!

inns for sale in Rockport MA. similar to Maine. just sayin'...

Back