It's JULY....another NY, NY doozy! Advice Please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she knew your policy going into this and SHE chose to ignore it. I would tell her absolutely no kid. book her in another place with her kid and if she gives you grief too bad you have a legitimate mgt response..no kids policy.
that is my personal opinion
good luck.
Thanks Empty Nest....I'm doing just that!
Good for you!!! I promise to abide by my policies because to do otherwise hurts thr entire B & B industry.To do otherwise trains people that although HOTELS will stick to their policies, an innkeeper will cave - you can walk all over them. NO, never again!
Jolly good for you . I have always said it is up to us in the industry to educate public what to expect for a B&B, We are not a hotel or motel. Besides we should never leave our children in a strange place EVER! Silly women. My god what If the kid left and got lost or picked up . No Sliver you did the right thing Good on You.
We make polices for people to abide by them. Not to change our minds on may this might work out. We have enough stress in other days with out worrying about some other parents child.

Under our laws, when the parent is absent, I legally become responsible for the child. That's NOT happening..
AMEN!!!
thumbs_up.gif
It's not happening here either.

she knew your policy going into this and SHE chose to ignore it. I would tell her absolutely no kid. book her in another place with her kid and if she gives you grief too bad you have a legitimate mgt response..no kids policy.
good luck.
Good for you!!! I promise to abide by my policies because to do otherwise hurts thr entire B & B industry.To do otherwise trains people that although HOTELS will stick to their policies, an innkeeper will cave - you can walk all over them. NO, never again!
Jolly good for you . I have always said it is up to us in the industry to educate public what to expect for a B&B, We are not a hotel or motel. Besides we should never leave our children in a strange place EVER! Silly women. My god what If the kid left and got lost or picked up . No Sliver you did the right thing Good on You.
We make polices for people to abide by them. Not to change our minds on may this might work out. We have enough stress in other days with out worrying about some other parents child.
in the UK I would have to have a CRB check ie a background check - its against the law for my to look after anyone's child without, makes a very good excuse!

good luck.
in the UK I would have to have a CRB check ie a background check - its against the law for my to look after anyone's child without, makes a very good excuse!

good luck.
My sentiment EXACTLY, Flower!

We had an email awhile ago for a similar situation. The parent is here for a week long seminar and wanted a second room for the babysitter.
The kid she is bringing was surprise enough as the company she is working with booked the room for one.
We didn't have the room available for the whole week for the sitter. So the sitter is staying elsewhere and coming over here everyday. I hope. Or, rather, I hope the two of them are going somewhere else each day..
You had better make 100% sure on that one. I can hear the excuses now.

We had an email awhile ago for a similar situation. The parent is here for a week long seminar and wanted a second room for the babysitter.
The kid she is bringing was surprise enough as the company she is working with booked the room for one.
We didn't have the room available for the whole week for the sitter. So the sitter is staying elsewhere and coming over here everyday. I hope. Or, rather, I hope the two of them are going somewhere else each day..
EmptyNest said:
Me, too. The kid is definitely too young to be alone. 7 i think. Ok if she's in her own house, but not here while we're running around cleaning & shopping & just living!
I'm also hoping the sitter isn't 15 or so.

Back