keyless entry - best way?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undersea

Reaction score
HI
I read many threads here on keyless entry. To this point, it seems keyless entry (depending on the technology):
o is better than keys
o brings up issues with people forgetting codes
o sometimes people enter a code and ring the doorbell (or knock)?
o requires constant resetting
Although have not bought any yet, the following seemed interesting:
http://www.nokey.com/avflexstanac.html
It uses card or fob, and seems to cost as follows per door:
$179 + electric strike $159 + power supply $69

Finally learned how to copy in a link - use firefox instead of IE !!
Anyway, amazing deal on Amazon? Get what you need for keyless entry with 10 fobs for under $60? Not sure if practical...
http://www.amazon.com/Proximity-Entry-Access-Control-System/dp/B009NQUPZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427375880&sr=8-2&keywords=rfid+keyless+entry
Seems also to need:
http://www.amazon.com/Stroke-Force-Frame-Solenoid-Electric/dp/B00CQKAQ1U/ref=pd_bxgy_p_img_y
AND
http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Door-Strike-Button-Panel/dp/B0053WZMCG/ref=pd_bxgy_p_img_z

I use the Schlage FE575 it is battery operated and i program in the last 4 digits of the guest phone number so they can remember. It holds about 20 codes. All codes can be deleted at the same time or separate. They are trained how to use it when they check-in. Have not had a problem with this simple setup.

I use the Schlage FE575 it is battery operated and i program in the last 4 digits of the guest phone number so they can remember. It holds about 20 codes. All codes can be deleted at the same time or separate. They are trained how to use it when they check-in. Have not had a problem with this simple setup..
Not a problem? Let me list them:
  • I don't know my phone number, how am I supposed to remember that?
  • That's not my phone number, I don't know where you got that.
  • I forgot which phone number (after ringing the doorbell at 6 AM)
  • My wife knows that stuff, not me (after ringing the doorbell several times during the day)
  • I didn't know it would be the same today (guests staying several days)
  • Oh, we're supposed to use that all the time? (guests on a late check in not knowing what to do the next day)
I've also gotten:
  • What a great idea!
  • That's so easy!
  • How clever of you!
  • Hey! That's my phone number!
Lots of guests want to know where to get the locks after that.

I use the Schlage FE575 it is battery operated and i program in the last 4 digits of the guest phone number so they can remember. It holds about 20 codes. All codes can be deleted at the same time or separate. They are trained how to use it when they check-in. Have not had a problem with this simple setup..
  • My wife knows that stuff, not me (after ringing the doorbell several times during the day)
  • Oh, we're supposed to use that all the time? (guests on a late check in not knowing what to do the next day)
I've also gotten:
  • What a great idea!
  • That's so easy!
  • How clever of you!
We make them go out and try it. It seems that does the trick.

We use the same unit as scrambled eggs. They are $138 complete at Lowes, $148 for certain finishes. Look at them before you go spending $179 + $159+ $69, at triple the price of the Schlage, that seems ultra ridiculous as far as price. Our Schlage's are about 5 years old a never had a problem that wasn't user error.

I've also gotten:
  • What a great idea!
  • That's so easy!
  • How clever of you!
Similar for about $13 plus other accessories maybe $60 total?
RFID and fobs
No more codes?
http://www.amazon.com/Proximity-Entry-Access-Control-System/dp/B009NQUPZW

I've also gotten:
  • What a great idea!
  • That's so easy!
  • How clever of you!
Similar for about $13 plus other accessories maybe $60 total?
RFID and fobs
No more codes?
Cannot put link to amazon, spam filter blocking
Amazon.com/
Proximity-Entry-Access-Control-System/dp/B009NQUPZW

Back