Kids - Can you really not allow them...?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of kids...
I had a lady (guest) walk up to our family room door, rap rap rap quickly and then proceeded to open the door without permission or reply, walked in and closed it behind her.
Then she spoke.
That was a first. Not a huge deal, but very odd. One of those moments I was caught off guard, fortunately no one was in here in their underwear or something.
shades_smile.gif
and our dog who doesn't take kindly to strangers making themselves at home in the owners quarters was in the other room.

Speaking of kids...
I had a lady (guest) walk up to our family room door, rap rap rap quickly and then proceeded to open the door without permission or reply, walked in and closed it behind her.
Then she spoke.
That was a first. Not a huge deal, but very odd. One of those moments I was caught off guard, fortunately no one was in here in their underwear or something.
shades_smile.gif
and our dog who doesn't take kindly to strangers making themselves at home in the owners quarters was in the other room..
Yikes! What are people thinking sometimes.
There are many a time I have been grateful for the double door set up we have to our personal quarters. They would have to pass through our off limits kitchen, through a door to our butler's pantry, through the galley kitchen and then open the door to our personal quarters.
We have an outside entrance to our quarters on the lanai but it is around the corner and not easily accessible (on purpose) to our guests.

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
and our dog who doesn't take kindly to strangers making themselves at home in the owners quarters was in the other room..
Don't you just want to take a drive over to her place and try the same thing on her front door? And if it isn't open, break the window saying "Sorry, you didn't reply instantly."

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
There are many a time I have been grateful for the double door set up we have to our personal quarters. They would have to pass through our off limits kitchen, through a door to our butler's pantry, through the galley kitchen and then open the door to our personal quarters.
We have an outside entrance to our quarters on the lanai but it is around the corner and not easily accessible (on purpose) to our guests.
happykeeper said:
We too have a habitrail of sorts. She wasn't thinking, that was what it was.

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
Don't you just want to take a drive over to her place and try the same thing on her front door? And if it isn't open, break the window saying "Sorry, you didn't reply instantly."
Jon Sable said:
Not really. But it is a nice thought. haha Maybe their guest room here. can you imagine if we did that?

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
Yikes! My whole apartment is in a constant state of dishabille. Gomez might be napping. There is always a pile of some crap in the office.
Most know the office is the room the guests will hit first. It's also our bedroom. And the junk drawer.
That's going to change when we move on. No electronics in the bedroom. No junk in the bedroom. Just a quiet place to relax at the end of the day.

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
Jon Sable said:
Not really. But it is a nice thought. haha Maybe their guest room here. can you imagine if we did that?
Grandma used to go in my drawers, until I left a gift in there for her. It wasn't like she could say anything without giving away that she looked in the drawer. :)

One time I awoke to the sound of my bedroom door being opened. My quick - What? stopped the guest in his tracks. It was 3 AM and someone had not retracted the deadbolt on the shared bath. Since I had the only key, I had to go up and unlock it. Fortunately the sound of a doorknob turning will wake me up. Garbage truck wakes Himself at 5 AM most Monday mornings - I hear nothing.

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
Yikes! My whole apartment is in a constant state of dishabille. Gomez might be napping. There is always a pile of some crap in the office.
Most know the office is the room the guests will hit first. It's also our bedroom. And the junk drawer.
That's going to change when we move on. No electronics in the bedroom. No junk in the bedroom. Just a quiet place to relax at the end of the day.
Remember the room you stayed in when you were here? That is my new bedroom...except there is no TV service in there anymore as we are down to 3 connected TVs now. Kitchen, den, and one guest bedroom. I use the TV to play music CDs on the player. There's no clock radio either. I love it!

Speaking of kids...
Then she spoke.
shades_smile.gif
Time for a larger "PRIVATE" sign and a sturdier lock. ;-)

Our local transient lodging code prevents children under 12 from occupying certain rooms (2nd floor) and my insurance company prohibits children under 16 in any room that does not have at least two means of egress and at least one door directly to the outside.
So we accept children in first floor rooms with two means of egress and a door directly to the outside which is none and it is not only legal, it would be illegal to do otherwise.

Our local transient lodging code prevents children under 12 from occupying certain rooms (2nd floor) and my insurance company prohibits children under 16 in any room that does not have at least two means of egress and at least one door directly to the outside.
So we accept children in first floor rooms with two means of egress and a door directly to the outside which is none and it is not only legal, it would be illegal to do otherwise..
An Old Tavernkeeper said:
So we accept children in first floor rooms with two means of egress and a door directly to the outside which is none and it is not only legal, it would be illegal to do otherwise.
That reminds me of the sticker they have on bunk beds that kids under 12 should not be allowed to sleep on the top bunk.
Who else is going to sleep on the top bunk? Kids under 12.

Latest posts

Back