Lights, camera, what do I say???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done. Not bad. Videos will be on YouTube and my website! Totally forgot what I was going to say, but they filmed it a few times and will cut and paste.

All done. Not bad. Videos will be on YouTube and my website! Totally forgot what I was going to say, but they filmed it a few times and will cut and paste..
Let us know one it goes public. Congratulations.... You're a star!
thumbs_up.gif

Perhaps I missed this ... is this part of your membership agreement, something you signed up for? Cost to you? (as much as you are comfortable sharing) Thanks

Perhaps I missed this ... is this part of your membership agreement, something you signed up for? Cost to you? (as much as you are comfortable sharing) Thanks.
No cost to me. The local marketing group is putting together 4 ads to post in the Boston area. They have outdoor themes aimed at millennials.
Everyone who was here behind the cameras fit that description. They all said (about the inn) "this is so cool!"

Perhaps I missed this ... is this part of your membership agreement, something you signed up for? Cost to you? (as much as you are comfortable sharing) Thanks.
No cost to me. The local marketing group is putting together 4 ads to post in the Boston area. They have outdoor themes aimed at millennials.
Everyone who was here behind the cameras fit that description. They all said (about the inn) "this is so cool!"
Morticia said:
Perfect!
I've heard from some younger than I's that they were apprehensive about staying in a B&B because they didn't want to hang out with a couple of old folks and hear boring stories. We are so NOT that kind of people. We hide in our rooms and hope everything is fine!

Morticia said:
Perfect!
I've heard from some younger than I's that they were apprehensive about staying in a B&B because they didn't want to hang out with a couple of old folks and hear boring stories. We are so NOT that kind of people. We hide in our rooms and hope everything is fine!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Perfect!
Omg! I have reached that age. Boring, old person.

Morticia said:
Perfect!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Perfect!
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Perfect!
We are old and boring! We are just not into hanging out with the guests as though they are our best friends. LOL
We like the occasional glass of wine on the porch or cup of coffee with the guests, but not what they were afraid of.

Morticia said:
Perfect!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Perfect!
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Perfect!
We are old and boring! We are just not into hanging out with the guests as though they are our best friends. LOL
We like the occasional glass of wine on the porch or cup of coffee with the guests, but not what they were afraid of.
One big reason I don't sit down with guests at breakfast. I don't want to be that innkeeper.

Morticia said:
Awesome!

Morticia said:
Perfect!
WE are boring because they have never bothered to LISTEN to us "old boring people".
WE have probably done more, been more places, and had more "striper-type" adventures than they will ever have in their self-absorbed, glued to their devices lives. We have here that I know of: an inventor, a sailor, photographer, a musician, a social worker who was in fear for her life, and a motorcyclist who found that easy curve was a blind curve that thankfully had no one coming in the other lane. I would wager that just about everyone here has led a less than boring life.

Morticia said:
Perfect!
WE are boring because they have never bothered to LISTEN to us "old boring people".
WE have probably done more, been more places, and had more "striper-type" adventures than they will ever have in their self-absorbed, glued to their devices lives. We have here that I know of: an inventor, a sailor, photographer, a musician, a social worker who was in fear for her life, and a motorcyclist who found that easy curve was a blind curve that thankfully had no one coming in the other lane. I would wager that just about everyone here has led a less than boring life.
I think we should come up with a list of the people who stayed with us. (Rather than a list of who we are.) People we listened to. People who shared their stories!
Ex - one of the photographers today is a surfer. Moved back here from Costa Rica. Went surfing during Jonas. Here. Not in Central America! (I guess he just wanted to talk to someone today so I got his story.)
People who are no longer alive who told us their stories:
A Japanese American who was working as a civilian in Pearl Harbor the day of the attacks. He joined the US Navy the next day.
A lawyer who worked against Howard Hughes to wrest control of TWA away from him.
Then the folks who were just passing thru:
The woman who works as a civilian contractor whose field of endeavor is to blow up (Navy) ships.
The photographer who took the pictures of the missile being shot down with the new Navy guidance system. Super secret excursion until it was released to the public.
The two diplomats who had a meetup here. One from Mexico, one from Africa.
You're never boring if you listen. Gomez gets most of the stories around 7am while he's prepping breakfast. People talk to him. He's a natural interviewer.

Morticia said:
Perfect!
I think we should come up with a list of the people who stayed with us. (Rather than a list of who we are.) People we listened to. People who shared their stories!
Ex - one of the photographers today is a surfer. Moved back here from Costa Rica. Went surfing during Jonas. Here. Not in Central America! (I guess he just wanted to talk to someone today so I got his story.)
People who are no longer alive who told us their stories:
A Japanese American who was working as a civilian in Pearl Harbor the day of the attacks. He joined the US Navy the next day.
A lawyer who worked against Howard Hughes to wrest control of TWA away from him.
Then the folks who were just passing thru:
The woman who works as a civilian contractor whose field of endeavor is to blow up (Navy) ships.
The photographer who took the pictures of the missile being shot down with the new Navy guidance system. Super secret excursion until it was released to the public.
The two diplomats who had a meetup here. One from Mexico, one from Africa.
You're never boring if you listen. Gomez gets most of the stories around 7am while he's prepping breakfast. People talk to him. He's a natural interviewer.
We had 2 retired doctors. When she bit into the surprise muffins, she told me it brought back her grandmother who at 16 worked wrapping the Kisses. The lady who was in the medical field who told Himself he had post-polio so we could tell a guest many years later that she had it, it was NOT all in her head. The 7-time grand national motorcycle champion who was the fastest man on 2-wheels (Bonneville Flats), the man who invented a valve used by NASA, the lady who competed in the World Equestrian Games & her gentleman - a guitar player with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Even here in Podunk we have had some very interesting people. My favorite was the lady who told me she decided how much she wanted to do something/go somewhere by asking herself - "How many toilets do I have to clean to do it?" She cleaned houses and offices for a living.

Morticia said:
Perfect!
hope you got them all to "check in" on facebook and tell all their millennial friends!

Back