Living quarters

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rent our buy the house across the street! The money you make off of renting the innkeepers quarters will be more than enough to rent or buy an additional house. This is what we did and it was the best move we ever made. If you want to still be a happy Innkeeper in 5 years than you need to get out of the Bed and Breakfast if you can. You will never feel like you have your own space living in the same building as your guests..
Hillbilly said:
Rent our buy the house across the street! The money you make off of renting the innkeepers quarters will be more than enough to rent or buy an additional house. This is what we did and it was the best move we ever made. If you want to still be a happy Innkeeper in 5 years than you need to get out of the Bed and Breakfast if you can. You will never feel like you have your own space living in the same building as your guests.
Haha. Wish I'd thought of that before I put a bazillion dollars into my dream kitchen. I will never leave that kitchen!!
Good advice to have as much private space as possible. Doors separating your space from the Inn space. We even have a private courtyard. I know I need my space. Locks. Doors. Big signs that say "Private."
Loved this thread - and even though I just finished my dream kitchen after 10 years, we've decided to turn our bedroom into our ultimate guest room with elevated soaking tub surrounded by stone with windows that look out at the mountains. That room will bring in over $50K a year and we are going to build ourselves a little cottage next to the building so we can escape this place. Our kids rooms can ultimately become innkeepers quarters if we wanted to outsource that too and have our cottage next door that we'll come back to after travelling. Since we have over 20 acres, it's no problem and in less than 2 years I'll have my cottage paid off and be making an extra $50K -- something to think about if you have the space and can do it. I can finally have a living room with a mantel and stone fireplace and an actual coffee table to put my beautiful things on. It's been driving me crazy for years that I go into a beautiful store and see something that I would have instantly bought for my last home and realize I have no personal living space to put that in. Yes, I have a bedroom but everything else is guest space. My own home again, I wish we could start building today.
This sounds just heavenly
heart.gif

Back