Log off people!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get rid of everything! You need a different set up. How many people actually use your computer? Most today just need wifi and they can do what they need from their phone or tablet..
Our guest computer (12 rooms) gets used several times a day. Wifi is available but guests do like the big screen when looking for various things. Has a printer attached and boarding passes are printed almost daily.

Get rid of everything! You need a different set up. How many people actually use your computer? Most today just need wifi and they can do what they need from their phone or tablet..
Our guest computer (12 rooms) gets used several times a day. Wifi is available but guests do like the big screen when looking for various things. Has a printer attached and boarding passes are printed almost daily.
I'm about to get rid of my guest computer. It's only been used once this year, and because it gets used so infrequently it always needs updating when it's switched on. Most people have mobile devices these days and my printer is wifi enabled so they can still use that, And I could use the space the computer occupies for something else.

I'm about to get rid of my guest computer. It's only been used once this year, and because it gets used so infrequently it always needs updating when it's switched on. Most people have mobile devices these days and my printer is wifi enabled so they can still use that, And I could use the space the computer occupies for something else.
Highlands John said:
I'm about to get rid of my guest computer. It's only been used once this year, and because it gets used so infrequently it always needs updating when it's switched on.
Yes, that's one drawback to Deep Freeze. Even if the guest clicks to apply all the windows and antivirus app updates, the updates are lost on the next reboot.
I occasionally thaw the deep freeze and apply the updates so they'll stick, but by the next week the computer is finding new ones it badgers users to apply. It's really hard, or impossible, to turn some of the update notices off.

Back