Magical Mystery Device My Guests Don't Seem To Recognize...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me ask the question this way, don't any of you have obligations under worker safety to have the floor clear so that a housekeeper could clean the room without tripping?

Let me ask the question this way, don't any of you have obligations under worker safety to have the floor clear so that a housekeeper could clean the room without tripping?.
NOPE not that I have ever heard of.

Let me ask the question this way, don't any of you have obligations under worker safety to have the floor clear so that a housekeeper could clean the room without tripping?.
Nope. No regs like that here. Basically any regs here are to keep the floors clear of inn things so guests don't trip and sue. Cords, bed skirts, coverlets, stuff like that.

No, not on the guest end. I have on ONE occasion walked out of a room doing nothing. The room was a complete disaster with their things everywhere. Trip and fall, no thank you. I left a note that if they needed fresh towels to let us know. They apologized giggling.
As a side note, 9 times out of ten when there is a very messy room, it is a female!

Nope. No regs like that here. Basically any regs here are to keep the floors clear of inn things so guests don't trip and sue. Cords, bed skirts, coverlets, stuff like that.
See, we have obligations to the employees to have a safe work environment. The employee can sue as well.

See, we have obligations to the employees to have a safe work environment. The employee can sue as well.
Sugar Bear said:
That must be provincial, not federal, as I've never heard of that around here. It's not exactly something you can enforce.

Ahhh we stayed at a hotel Wed night and I thought of y'all with this thread. I even took a few photos. Let me get them off the iPad.
Here:
the luggage rack in the corner was just NOT SUFFICIENT for either my duffle type "overnight" bag, not DH's big suitcase. Nothing would really work on this "device"
lrg_Luggage%20rack.jpg

His suitcase is probably 3x4 - it looks small here, it is very big. So we had to put it on the floor. The duvet was white, so didn't want to mess it up. and the other bags were all over, nowhere to put them. This was a large Hampton Inn hotel, nice clean and spacious room.
lrg_Luggage.jpg

Ahhh we stayed at a hotel Wed night and I thought of y'all with this thread. I even took a few photos. Let me get them off the iPad.
Here:
the luggage rack in the corner was just NOT SUFFICIENT for either my duffle type "overnight" bag, not DH's big suitcase. Nothing would really work on this "device"
lrg_Luggage%20rack.jpg

His suitcase is probably 3x4 - it looks small here, it is very big. So we had to put it on the floor. The duvet was white, so didn't want to mess it up. and the other bags were all over, nowhere to put them. This was a large Hampton Inn hotel, nice clean and spacious room.
lrg_Luggage.jpg
Couldn't it have gone on that flat empty surface we see right there on the dresser?

Here:
lrg_Luggage%20rack.jpg

lrg_Luggage.jpg
Couldn't it have gone on that flat empty surface we see right there on the dresser?
Breakfast Diva said:
Was that tongue in cheek? I ask as that area above DH is the Flat Screen TV.
The other surface had the coffee maker and crapola all over it. Let me find that photo, that was where I put all "little bit" of gear! haha I did the whole "don't put anything on the carpet" trick. DH put his blue bag there and then we put it up with mine zipped up. There really was no place to put stuff to get STUFF out of our bags for bed, other than ON THE BED.
Here:
lrg_gear.jpg

and this smooth wood is a closed armoire door, with hangers inside. So no surface there either.

Back