Make It A Destination

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I mention that this thread made me mad?
In the reprint of your 70+ things to see and do please change the title to read DESTINATION in there somewhere. (ie YOUR DESTINATION IN NE ARKANSAS or something quirky, now that you have seen that from Roger Brooks and his quirky rack card/brochure headings) ...
I am going to look at this brochure and think of something that jumps out at me.
You know I only read it after I got home and saw the suggested hair-cut. Here I was thinking I thunk it up on my own after talking to the barber. Ne'r knowing about the historical shoe-shine stand in the same room, til later when you sent the info.
So sometimes you can be so close and not realize it. As a guest in the area, I can see how that would happen. I learned more about the circuit court judge's miraculous kidney stone than the shoe-shine stand. But that is small town marketing, eh! haha I have to admit the kidney stone story stuck with me.
shades_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
In the reprint of your 70+ things to see and do please change the title to read DESTINATION in there somewhere. (ie YOUR DESTINATION IN NE ARKANSAS or something quirky, now that you have seen that from Roger Brooks and his quirky rack card/brochure headings) ...
Very good! Thanks!
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
I am having a gorgonzola quesadilla (I know i am not normal) for lunch and looking at your brochure, the thing that JUMPED out was the three of the four trails originating near there..
The term that HIT me was "TRAIL MIX" and using a play on that phrase...
Of course the words "exhale and trail" rhyme. but that may be better used in the state parks/scenic areas there? no?
Joey Bloggs said:
Good one!

I am going to look at this brochure and think of something that jumps out at me.
You know I only read it after I got home and saw the suggested hair-cut. Here I was thinking I thunk it up on my own after talking to the barber. Ne'r knowing about the historical shoe-shine stand in the same room, til later when you sent the info.
So sometimes you can be so close and not realize it. As a guest in the area, I can see how that would happen. I learned more about the circuit court judge's miraculous kidney stone than the shoe-shine stand. But that is small town marketing, eh! haha I have to admit the kidney stone story stuck with me.
shades_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
I am having a gorgonzola quesadilla (I know i am not normal) for lunch and looking at your brochure, the thing that JUMPED out was the three of the four trails originating near there..
Of course the words "exhale and trail" rhyme. but that may be better used in the state parks/scenic areas there? no?
Joey Bloggs said:
Good one!
Just looked up Hell and there is a Hell Gate Nature Area (did not look up where it is re you though) but there was no Back, Arkansaws and no Gone. That blows the To Hell and Back or To Hell & Gone idea. Crap! I tried.....

shades_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
Joey Bloggs said:
Good one!
Just looked up Hell and there is a Hell Gate Nature Area (did not look up where it is re you though) but there was no Back, Arkansaws and no Gone. That blows the To Hell and Back or To Hell & Gone idea. Crap! I tried.....
gillumhouse said:
I guessed she's referring to our lovable, beautiful Ozark Hellbenders.
Now, before you question the beauty, remember that their mother's see their beauty.
ozark-hellbender-salamander--2.jpg

hilerw.jpg

shades_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Very good! Thanks!
Joey Bloggs said:
Good one!
gillumhouse said:
I guessed she's referring to our lovable, beautiful Ozark Hellbenders.
Now, before you question the beauty, remember that their mother's see their beauty.
ozark-hellbender-salamander--2.jpg

hilerw.jpg

Actually I had forgotten the hellbenders. I was thinking that if you were near the towns of Hell and Gone or Back - as in every time I go to Pittsburgh or my home area I pass Prosperity - and that is about as close as I will get to it too. Of course, it would spoil the whole schtick if I ever took the exit and went there. I have actually been to Hell's Half Acre (it is in Wyoming).

Back