Making an offer this week.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming to the forum to sell is a big turn off to people, and also can get you banned from the forum, please reconsider this sort of thing Garden Pix. I just wanted you to know, this is a place for interaction, not selling..
There is a forum section specifically for selling inns. I'm confused.
TheBeachHouse said:
Confused by my comment, or confused by the posting of more for sale info here:
Wish you'd looked at mine. Our party room with restroom, kitchen etc. and good parking could easily be transformed into a spa and other uses. We get MORE than 6000 cars/day where we are.
Our price is quite a bit higher because our facility is in A+ condition (for a 125-year-old house with grand style) and our business numbers are good for 5 guest rooms in a rural town. We also have an out building which could become an ADA suite or treatment room a woodsy zen feeling (all wired, plumbed to the perimeter and ready to re-do with parking right there.) 10 year old adjacent "shed" for us because we have tools) is also more than large enough for a couples treatment area. Lots of potential for different businesses. A home-based business such as yours probably Ok where we are. Just can't do full-on retail (like a dress shop or gas station).
Good luck with the one you are pursuing. Come see me if it doesn't work out, but I bet it does!
Confused by you scolding someone for calmly and rationally suggesting that there is an inn for sale. That is, in my opinion, a completely appropriate response to a thread about buying an inn.
TheBeachHouse said:
Confused by you scolding someone for calmly and rationally suggesting that there is an inn for sale. That is, in my opinion, a completely appropriate response to a thread about buying an inn.
Of course it was directed at me, it always is.
The innkeeper came here to the forum and has been posting for sale info all over the place. Pure and simple, and is only now giving advice on everything from that standpoint. Undersea shared his excitement about making an offer - on a new thread he created - and she posts it is too bad as he could have bought her place and goes into the reasons why her place is better suited. Now THAT is innapropriate TheBeachHouse.
Hitting every thread they can with a for sale speech means you are only here to sell your place, and that is not what the forum is about. There is a thread/forum for that. This one is "aspiring innkeepers"
And INNSPIRING innkeepers.There are several that have been here for a LOOOOONG time that are on the market. None of them have been hitting the "buy me" button. Once we ask if they are looking in a general area or know where they want to be, no one has waved a flag in anyone's face. That is the point.
I don't know k- it didn't seem that odd to me.

Coming to the forum to sell is a big turn off to people, and also can get you banned from the forum, please reconsider this sort of thing Garden Pix. I just wanted you to know, this is a place for interaction, not selling..
TheBeachHouse said:
Confused by my comment, or confused by the posting of more for sale info here:
Wish you'd looked at mine. Our party room with restroom, kitchen etc. and good parking could easily be transformed into a spa and other uses. We get MORE than 6000 cars/day where we are.
Our price is quite a bit higher because our facility is in A+ condition (for a 125-year-old house with grand style) and our business numbers are good for 5 guest rooms in a rural town. We also have an out building which could become an ADA suite or treatment room a woodsy zen feeling (all wired, plumbed to the perimeter and ready to re-do with parking right there.) 10 year old adjacent "shed" for us because we have tools) is also more than large enough for a couples treatment area. Lots of potential for different businesses. A home-based business such as yours probably Ok where we are. Just can't do full-on retail (like a dress shop or gas station).
Good luck with the one you are pursuing. Come see me if it doesn't work out, but I bet it does!
TheBeachHouse said:
Of course it was directed at me, it always is.
The innkeeper came here to the forum and has been posting for sale info all over the place. Pure and simple, and is only now giving advice on everything from that standpoint. Undersea shared his excitement about making an offer - on a new thread he created - and she posts it is too bad as he could have bought her place and goes into the reasons why her place is better suited. Now THAT is innapropriate TheBeachHouse.
Hitting every thread they can with a for sale speech means you are only here to sell your place, and that is not what the forum is about. There is a thread/forum for that. This one is "aspiring innkeepers"
Any chance of just makin' nice.

Talked to zoning officer (phone). it had been approved for model home. Turns out the really nice 3BR apartment upstairs was never approved. Seller has renters there illegally.
It only had a low flow septic, so cannot handle people living there.
That many be a good thing, as the number of uses for the property will be pretty limited. So I may be able to bargain for a large septic to be installed, to handle the people and uses I envision.
Price has already dropped from about 280 to 200K. About 3300SF and only 8 years old and good parking, so hoping I can get the sellers to spring for the septic!
I have old architectural drawings (2007) for both floors and lot (site), so need to stop in to dialogue with both zoning and sewage officers with my planned uses and layout.
Wish me luck...

It wasn't a big turn off.
We are all in business: we all promote ourselves at least a little; we are all good at filtering.

Talked to zoning officer (phone). it had been approved for model home. Turns out the really nice 3BR apartment upstairs was never approved. Seller has renters there illegally.
That many be a good thing, as the number of uses for the property will be pretty limited. So I may be able to bargain for a large septic to be installed, to handle the people and uses I envision.
Price has already dropped from about 280 to 200K. About 3300SF and only 8 years old and good parking, so hoping I can get the sellers to spring for the septic!
I have old architectural drawings (2007) for both floors and lot (site), so need to stop in to dialogue with both zoning and sewage officers with my planned uses and layout.
Wish me luck....
We had a septic issue building the B&B. Had a tank ok'ed for a max single family home, but the official wastewater rate sheet used by most building officials has really high rates per room for B&B/motels, so he made us add another tank. Now 3000 gallons for a 5 room inn. Septic isn't cheap, had to add effluent field space and the fees were high. Don't leave this out of the $$ calc!

Wish me luck....
I am excited for you - best of luck IN WRITING of course with the bureaucrats. I remember how exciting it was to be redecorating for our B & B after the Duchess moved out.

Wish me luck....
We had a septic issue building the B&B. Had a tank ok'ed for a max single family home, but the official wastewater rate sheet used by most building officials has really high rates per room for B&B/motels, so he made us add another tank. Now 3000 gallons for a 5 room inn. Septic isn't cheap, had to add effluent field space and the fees were high. Don't leave this out of the $$ calc!
There was a place we looked at (same county) that was a B&B twice (went out of business). They had approval for 3 rooms (+ owner) and I think they had 700 gallons daily. It is still a possibility, but I get the feeling they won't approve the other things we want to do (mixed use, not commercial, which I am requiring or myself). Feeds down to a stream, so there are limitations on that property that made me queasy.

Unders is there an update? I was out of town and may have missed it.

If you are looking for commercial one then you must have patience or talk to some good real estate agency or broker. i found them pretty handy :)
  • Aqui podra practicar ruleta, tragaperras, video poker y vastos potes de incentivo en este juegos de maquinas tragamonedas y fue especialmente diseñado para competidores españoles con vastos vales en capital y jackpots.

If you are looking for commercial one then you must have patience or talk to some good real estate agency or broker. i found them pretty handy :)
  • Aqui podra practicar ruleta, tragaperras, video poker y vastos potes de incentivo en este juegos de maquinas tragamonedas y fue especialmente diseñado para competidores españoles con vastos vales en capital y jackpots.
only looking at commercial properties, but there are few in the category that interest us. Residential has way too many restrictions for what we are trying to do.

Back