Mug Shots from Pinterest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like De neen pot ter y has more than enough business and we know they are not cheap..
EmptyNest said:
Looks like De neen pot ter y has more than enough business and we know they are not cheap.
I don't have any of their mugs... or any mugs for that matter (except for some pretty crystal ones), due to the 'style' of our b&b.
But~ The B&B we want to purchase (when we sell this one), will be perfect for mugs! And I bet they will sell well there too. I've requested a catalog from this company.
Can you (or anyone on the forum) give me a general idea of cost and what to retail them for? Do they make the logo etc.?
I think you provide them with the logo, or they could design one for you..but it is big bucks I am sure. I think mugs run $20 a mug...pretty pricey for a mug in my opinion. I wouldn't pay it.
See here: http://deneenpottery.com/contact-information/terms-and-pricing/
EmptyNest said:
I think you provide them with the logo, or they could design one for you..but it is big bucks I am sure. I think mugs run $20 a mug...pretty pricey for a mug in my opinion. I wouldn't pay it.
I think the wholesale is lower than that. That's what inns sell them for.
Some places really make all their money back and then some on the sales. They really are a good deal for inns with high sales.
I think they're gorgeous but we all know my luck with guests taking mugs. I'll stick with the $2 mugs. Which I am again running out of!

Looks like De neen pot ter y has more than enough business and we know they are not cheap..
EmptyNest said:
Looks like De neen pot ter y has more than enough business and we know they are not cheap.
I don't have any of their mugs... or any mugs for that matter (except for some pretty crystal ones), due to the 'style' of our b&b.
But~ The B&B we want to purchase (when we sell this one), will be perfect for mugs! And I bet they will sell well there too. I've requested a catalog from this company.
Can you (or anyone on the forum) give me a general idea of cost and what to retail them for? Do they make the logo etc.?
EmptyNest said:
Some places really make all their money back and then some on the sales. They really are a good deal for inns with high sales.
I think they're gorgeous but we all know my luck with guests taking mugs. I'll stick with the $2 mugs. Which I am again running out of!
Madeleine said:
EmptyNest said:
Maddie, I contacted them and the whole sale price is considerably lower, depending on quantities.

Kay Nein said:
This has been on my mind since talk of Gillum's mugs...
Hmmm. Dense, I am.
I finally figured out who this new "Kay Nein" is. I was rhyming nein with vein and rein..
Yep, it's me
shades_smile.gif

Me%20and%20the%20girls.jpg

Kay Nein said:
Hmmm. Dense, I am.
I finally figured out who this new "Kay Nein" is. I was rhyming nein with vein and rein..
Yep, it's me
shades_smile.gif

One of my favorite innmates. :)
PS I may be down your way in August, I haven't said yet as I am trying to win a scholarship for the SE Marketing College in Dahlonega through our state tourism. If I do, and I plan on winning it, I will go down a day early and see you guys. That is my plan, anyway. G_d willing and the creek don't rise.

Kay Nein said:
Hmmm. Dense, I am.
Yep, it's me
shades_smile.gif

PS I may be down your way in August, I haven't said yet as I am trying to win a scholarship for the SE Marketing College in Dahlonega through our state tourism. If I do, and I plan on winning it, I will go down a day early and see you guys. That is my plan, anyway. G_d willing and the creek don't rise.
I would LOVE to see you again! We didn't get to spend much quality time with the Road Trippers. Let me know! If nothing else, we can come to Dahlonega and visit you there. If you have time, check out the Gold Mines. You can buy a pass at the Visitors Center right in downtown that gets you into the Gold Museum, an old non-working mine and two other working mines. Very cool! We actually only made it to the museum and still have the rest of our tickets. Maybe we could hit that together
tounge_smile.gif

Kay Nein said:
Hmmm. Dense, I am.
Yep, it's me
shades_smile.gif

I would LOVE to see you again! We didn't get to spend much quality time with the Road Trippers. Let me know! If nothing else, we can come to Dahlonega and visit you there. If you have time, check out the Gold Mines. You can buy a pass at the Visitors Center right in downtown that gets you into the Gold Museum, an old non-working mine and two other working mines. Very cool! We actually only made it to the museum and still have the rest of our tickets. Maybe we could hit that together
tounge_smile.gif

Kay Nein said:
tounge_smile.gif
it will be midweek, so we will plan on something for certain! I will wear "my therapist is a tank" tshirt, so I can easily be spotted. haha

Some years ago I got a couple hundred from Dis Cnt Mugs. When a special sale was on I jumped on the deal. I got them in a color to match the china. People seem to prefer mugs to cups and saucers for their morning coffee. With shipping they worked out to1.80 per piece. When asked I sell them for $5. Otherwise they can be give-aways in gift baskets and if broken or one walks (very rare here) I don't get upset.
Harborfields, yours are beautiful! Prefer the look of yours over that well-known 'D' company.

Harborfields,those mugs are fabulous! Let me know if you want to start making them other B&B's.

One of us IS a potter -- she just hasn't yet gotten around to making our own "Harborfields" logo-ed mugs yet (she did make some for the ski area where she teaches skiing in the winter, though). One concern is that if we put them out in the cottages, they are going to end up broken. But that shouldn't stop us from having them for sale in the office, right?.
An update (since there has been some recent discussion about mugs in the resource section) - we do now have our own logo mugs, produced in-house as it were:
HarborfieldsMug600.jpg

Mine sell nicely - and I think it is because they are made here (WV) AND because he signs each mug on the bottom with this name Larry Riffle and Cowen, WV. They can tell they are each hand-thrown because no two are identical, just similar.

Back