Must be the heat

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm checking for a full moon because the calls keep coming in!.
Not quite a full moon..but I expect nothing less during busy months for you :-( I know you are in business to make some $$$ but there are some..I would really just FORGET! Move on. Who needs this grief?

Does no one else get the caller who gets all the way to the end of the rez process and then says, "oh I need a cc now? It's out in the car, hold on."
I get this all the time! Seriously. It's nothing to me to listen to someone clomping across tiled floors, out the screen door, car door slamming, clomp, clomp back to the phone and a breathless, "got it! Are you still there?"
The worst tho, by far, are the ones who call and the kids are shrieking into the phone and I can't hear a word.
This person needs a break but so do i after the call!

Does no one else get the caller who gets all the way to the end of the rez process and then says, "oh I need a cc now? It's out in the car, hold on."
I get this all the time! Seriously. It's nothing to me to listen to someone clomping across tiled floors, out the screen door, car door slamming, clomp, clomp back to the phone and a breathless, "got it! Are you still there?"
The worst tho, by far, are the ones who call and the kids are shrieking into the phone and I can't hear a word.
This person needs a break but so do i after the call!.
Sorry... you are unique. I don't get those calls at all. In fact, most of the time they are glad to go to the web and get 10% off and get off the phone with me. And if they do want to do it on the phone, they have the card.
It's your demographic!

Sorry... you are unique. I don't get those calls at all. In fact, most of the time they are glad to go to the web and get 10% off and get off the phone with me. And if they do want to do it on the phone, they have the card.
It's your demographic!
I stopped reading after "you're unique". ;-)

Madeleine said:
I get the "cards in the car" calls quite a lot too.
It's the ones with the screaming kids in the background who say "Do you have a family room?", I feel like saying "Even if I did have I wouldn't sell it to you and your lot". If they can't make a two minute phone call without the kids screaming what's it going to be like for an overnight stay.

Madeleine said:
It's the ones with the screaming kids in the background who say "Do you have a family room?", I feel like saying "Even if I did have I wouldn't sell it to you and your lot". If they can't make a two minute phone call without the kids screaming what's it going to be like for an overnight stay.
Yes, exactly. Usually we don't have room for the number of kids they want to bring.
Funny ones are when they say the kids are not usually like this. So why didn't you call at another time?
Or, those aren't my kids screaming, i'm at work. Don't y you y think you should do your job them and not be on the phone?
Altho, really? I feel sorry for them at that point. What a miserable day they must be having and just talking about vacation is probably a relief!

Madeleine said:
plus who leaves their cards in their car? I certainly don't!

Madeleine said:
That's what I think. How stupid do you have to be to leave your credit cards, wallets, phones...anything of value in the car? Not smart.

Madeleine said:
That's what I think. How stupid do you have to be to leave your credit cards, wallets, phones...anything of value in the car? Not smart.
Don't mind this one because as someone said above "I'm that kind of stupid" -- well I actually have a 3 car heated garage and my purse stays in my car on the front seat all the time. I'm in and out driving the kids to school and picking them up and find it's just easier to leave it on the front seat ready for me; one less thing to forget when I'm rushing out; I just grab my phone, my keys and off I go. I've actually had to say this to someone when I've called about something and then decide to book it so I fully understand.

Madeleine said:
Don't mind this one because as someone said above "I'm that kind of stupid" -- well I actually have a 3 car heated garage and my purse stays in my car on the front seat all the time. I'm in and out driving the kids to school and picking them up and find it's just easier to leave it on the front seat ready for me; one less thing to forget when I'm rushing out; I just grab my phone, my keys and off I go. I've actually had to say this to someone when I've called about something and then decide to book it so I fully understand.
A lot depends on where you live, too. I don't lock my car but rarely do I have my wallet with me unless I'm 'going shopping'.
I keep my wallet in my camera bag because that's generally what I have with me if I'm getting in the car.
But, the car is outside and unlocked so there's definitely nothing in there worth taking!

Don't carry a purse. When needing a lot of junk I use a backpack & that mostly has Kindle and rack cards in it.. My cc, license, and money are all in a leather pouch in the pocket of my jeans. Refuse to buy slacks with no pockets and they must be reasonably deep. No purse snatching nor pick pocketing me. I have an interesting time getting that pouch out - GOD help a pick pocket.

Don't carry a purse. When needing a lot of junk I use a backpack & that mostly has Kindle and rack cards in it.. My cc, license, and money are all in a leather pouch in the pocket of my jeans. Refuse to buy slacks with no pockets and they must be reasonably deep. No purse snatching nor pick pocketing me. I have an interesting time getting that pouch out - GOD help a pick pocket..
gillumhouse said:
Don't carry a purse. When needing a lot of junk I use a backpack...My cc, license, and money are all in a leather pouch in the pocket of my jeans.
I've fought a long, futile battle trying to get women to have pockets and stop lugging purses and so much stuff. There's no hope. Fashion fashion fashion.

Don't carry a purse. When needing a lot of junk I use a backpack & that mostly has Kindle and rack cards in it.. My cc, license, and money are all in a leather pouch in the pocket of my jeans. Refuse to buy slacks with no pockets and they must be reasonably deep. No purse snatching nor pick pocketing me. I have an interesting time getting that pouch out - GOD help a pick pocket..
gillumhouse said:
Don't carry a purse. When needing a lot of junk I use a backpack...My cc, license, and money are all in a leather pouch in the pocket of my jeans.
I've fought a long, futile battle trying to get women to have pockets and stop lugging purses and so much stuff. There's no hope. Fashion fashion fashion.
Arks said:
gillumhouse said:
I no longer buy clothing without pockets. Well shirts, but not pants or skirts.
I do lug a teeny purse to hold keys and notebook and wallet when shopping because I'm always putting the car keys down somewhere if I don't.
Women's clothing, even with pockets, is not designed to hold a woman's body AND keys, wallet and notebook!

Madeleine said:
While you are unique in many ways Maddie, I'm afraid this is not one of them! I have had both examples shared in your post more times than I want to remember and I am sure more times to come!

Back