Need your input in this hotel/b&b website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Evan,
Nice clean site. But almost too sterile.
I agree with some other other comments here that it may be suitable for a certain sector of the industry but not the typical B&B. That is, as it appears at this point.
I like that it is not wordpress.

There are already a number of wordpress templates for this sort of thing. Given the complexities involved - such as all the hacking into Target, Home Depot and many others, and with credit cards and client data involved, and the fact a business hangs on it, I would be far less likely to trust anything that is not broadly popular and thoroughly vetted.
Who knows if there isn't malware embedded in the code? Most people using templates are unsophisticated either towards this or other potential problems.
I certainly would not touch anything sentd from someone I don't thoroughly know (even then, unlikely), especially if it is not on one of the primary template sites..
Yes there are plenty of wordpress templates for hotels, but this isnt a wordpress template
This is made by me, so it wont have any "malware" as you say it
The website doesnt handle credit cards, its just a website. I just wanted your opinion on its design.
1) Why is "designed by you" any assurance it will not have malware??? I had friends who owned a small news agency for decades. And turns out an employee had embezzled over $200K from them over 15 years. They knew her well, but that was no assurance.
2) As for credit cards, most B&B owners will have some form of payment method - plugin, payment service, whatever, so of course it will have access to credit cards and other payment methods.
Are you a troll?
I asked for input about a design of a website....
Can you prove a negative?
What's does your friend have anything to do with website design?
wink_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

That's very clean and sharp. I like it. Now rethinking my own site. Everything you need to know is on one page. That doesn't mean you can't have additional pages with more detail..
Morticia said:
That's very clean and sharp. I like it. Now rethinking my own site. Everything you need to know is on one page. That doesn't mean you can't have additional pages with more detail.
Thanks Morticia, If you want me to take a look at your site or you need any advice just shout, im happy to help anytime.
Due to many concerns here and a few minor problems with diferent browsers, each room and service will now have their own page and custom pages can be added with option to add to the menu bar.
Thanks for all the input guys, i really appreciate it.

That's very clean and sharp. I like it. Now rethinking my own site. Everything you need to know is on one page. That doesn't mean you can't have additional pages with more detail..
Morticia said:
That's very clean and sharp. I like it. Now rethinking my own site. Everything you need to know is on one page. That doesn't mean you can't have additional pages with more detail.
Thanks Morticia, If you want me to take a look at your site or you need any advice just shout, im happy to help anytime.
Due to many concerns here and a few minor problems with diferent browsers, each room and service will now have their own page and custom pages can be added with option to add to the menu bar.
Thanks for all the input guys, i really appreciate it.
Excellent!

I agree with Morticia: Very clean, all the important info right on the main page. As a client, I would really appreciate using this website

There are already a number of wordpress templates for this sort of thing. Given the complexities involved - such as all the hacking into Target, Home Depot and many others, and with credit cards and client data involved, and the fact a business hangs on it, I would be far less likely to trust anything that is not broadly popular and thoroughly vetted.
Who knows if there isn't malware embedded in the code? Most people using templates are unsophisticated either towards this or other potential problems.
I certainly would not touch anything sentd from someone I don't thoroughly know (even then, unlikely), especially if it is not on one of the primary template sites..
undersea said:
I certainly would not touch anything sentd from someone I don't thoroughly know (even then, unlikely), especially if it is not on one of the primary template sites.
an I.T. guy aye?
At least someone familiar with design...and you write like an I.T. guy...
I am married to an I.T. guy.
So I am beginning to complete my picture of you Unders... do you have a goatee? That is standard drill for most I.T. guys...

undersea said:
I certainly would not touch anything sentd from someone I don't thoroughly know (even then, unlikely), especially if it is not on one of the primary template sites.
an I.T. guy aye?
At least someone familiar with design...and you write like an I.T. guy...
I am married to an I.T. guy.
So I am beginning to complete my picture of you Unders... do you have a goatee? That is standard drill for most I.T. guys...
They work at CGI or Northrop?

Back