Need your input...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. that does not sound good.
how busy are you? what's your occupancy rate?
when was the last time you increased your nightly room rate?
if you increase each of three rooms by $10, that's an additional $30 per night
multiply that by, say, 300 nights out of 365, and you exceed the money you need to justify leaving that dangerous job
if you increase each of three rooms by $20, that's an additional $60 per night.
or let's say you increase the suite by $20 per night, $5 for the other two rooms ..... that again is an additional $30 per night
you see where i am going with this.

Sunshine, you have your head straight. Instead of sinking more into the quicksand you are searching for a way out of the mud. As much as I commend you for your efforts trying to help others, you need to know when to call it quits for your own health and well being.
It sounds like you are in a prime area for a lunch place. I know the places right around our court house and such are packed at lunch. Jurors and employees don't have time to jump into the car, their time is short. You also could get some business delivering lunch for meetings & while jurors are deliberating. While I know the thought of Tea Room fits very well with your B&B, you may want to 'man it up' a little as men in general will shy away from a tea room. But still the layout and all sounds good. Do you have any male friends that work over that way? They could provide feedback as to what they do now for lunch so you can see how you could sway them to you.
Now if the area also attracts shoppers to boutique shops etc. the tea room idea is a perfect choice. And sandwiches etc. do well for meetings. Here places for special functions are in great need. There are lots of organizations that meet during the lunch hours in desperate need of a location to call home. I was asked about just that last week, a meeting once a month 11-2 serving lunch. Perfect timing just too many in the group (100) all coming in individual cars not enough parking and too much set up/break down for me.
Of course first is to get answers on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that the best plan be set for you..
I just gave myself the Polish Salute! DUH! Copperhead had your answer. Make up a menu of Soup/Sandwich/chips/soda or water Give 2 or 3 choices in each category and pass them out at the Courthouse in the offices. Call in your order by 10 AM and it will be delivered between 11:30 and Noon. Sunshine in a Brown Bag! Add 25 cents to the price in each category to be the delivery fee part of the cost totsl. Esch item does not have a cost - the total price for the brown bag is $XX.XX.
gillumhouse said:
I just gave myself the Polish Salute! DUH! Copperhead had your answer. Make up a menu of Soup/Sandwich/chips/soda or water Give 2 or 3 choices in each category and pass them out at the Courthouse in the offices. Call in your order by 10 AM and it will be delivered between 11:30 and Noon. Sunshine in a Brown Bag! Add 25 cents to the price in each category to be the delivery fee part of the cost totsl. Esch item does not have a cost - the total price for the brown bag is $XX.XX.
Last night While lying in bed I thought that - "initially"- instead of delivering to the court house offices (which is 3 floors and would take a ton of time), that I'd do 'pick up/take out" where they could still phone in their orders and then come pick them up. That way they will also get a chance to SEE the Tea Room and Gift shop and might think - "WOW, this is REALLY nice,.... I HAVE to come back here and bring_______". OR they might think "What a GREAT place to have an office luncheon or party!" The idea will be to have them come here and SEE us, and then go back and talk all about it with others!
Then maybe after were established we can do deliveries....
I think you might need to do a few initial deliveries to get the ball rolling... Or, run by at lunch time with free cookies and a menu.

Consider the amount of time and work to equal one room night.
Catering, delivery, etc etc all of that to make $125 which equals one room night. Put your effort into marketing your B&B/rooms. That is my 10 cents worth.
shades_smile.gif

Especially in the off season. Maybe have some inclusive B&B getaways including dinner.

Back