New here - questions on adding ensuite bathroom

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are renovating a 300 year old house and turning it into a bed and breakfast. It's a rather slow process since my husband and I are doing most of the work ourselves. We will have 3 guestrooms all with en suite bathrooms. The bathrooms are going to be fairly small, but very nice. In one bathroom we have to decide between putting in a plain bathtub/shower combo (no room for a whirlpool) or a fancy shower. Which will bring more guests? The tub would have a great ceramic tile surround...and perhaps it would be a drop in tub with tile on the front wall as well...not sure about the design exactly. But, it occurred to us that we could put in a very nice shower with extra jets, etc.
One bathroom is finished and has a great tub/shower combo...not ordinary. And one bathroom only has room for a shower. We also only have a great shower in our master bath.
Any experiences will be appreciated in helping us decide...plan tub or fancy shower. Thanks..
As an old person I do not like climbing into tubs - actually it is the climbing out that is the scary part when all is WET. But for guests with kids, a tub is a must. I have a friend who loves the tub - hates it if she gets a room with no tub. It is a toss-up.
As well you have to think about where the hot water to fill those tubs is coming from

We are renovating a 300 year old house and turning it into a bed and breakfast. It's a rather slow process since my husband and I are doing most of the work ourselves. We will have 3 guestrooms all with en suite bathrooms. The bathrooms are going to be fairly small, but very nice. In one bathroom we have to decide between putting in a plain bathtub/shower combo (no room for a whirlpool) or a fancy shower. Which will bring more guests? The tub would have a great ceramic tile surround...and perhaps it would be a drop in tub with tile on the front wall as well...not sure about the design exactly. But, it occurred to us that we could put in a very nice shower with extra jets, etc.
One bathroom is finished and has a great tub/shower combo...not ordinary. And one bathroom only has room for a shower. We also only have a great shower in our master bath.
Any experiences will be appreciated in helping us decide...plan tub or fancy shower. Thanks..
As an old person I do not like climbing into tubs - actually it is the climbing out that is the scary part when all is WET. But for guests with kids, a tub is a must. I have a friend who loves the tub - hates it if she gets a room with no tub. It is a toss-up.
As well you have to think about where the hot water to fill those tubs is coming from
We have a gas fired tankless system.

Thanks, everyone. We've decided to go with a curbless shower. It will be 32 x 60. Plenty big enough for dual showers. Nice to have experienced people help with these decisions.

Back