New member. It

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, you've been at it a while. We're smaller, only 8 rooms and started in 1991, likewise our next generation has arrived this year, we like where we are and don't plan to retire to something else, but the kids will assist and over time take over and watch after the old folks..
Good for you! It is nice to have family join in the "fun". Where is your inn located?
We are so glad that the kids want to take over the day to day. Who would have thought! Our son couldn't wait to be out of here when he graduated from HS. Now he is back with his wife and little daughter. Our daughter-in-law is amazing and so well suited for the business. He and we are very lucky! We are going to stay put as well but want to travel.
Welcome. In am in western Canada. I know you will really enjoy it here. I have!
I have been an innkeeper for 16 years. Had some great years. But sadly I must leave it. Will become just another retired innkeeper. Not sure what door will open . But my memories of inn keeping have been the best thing I could of done in my work life. I will miss it I know you would too. It is wonderful news you can pass it on to the next generation. I wish you all the best and much success.
Wishing you the very best for your next chapter. Change can be challenging. Innkeeping is an amazing occupation. It certainly is never boring.

Welcome! Poppa and I lived in Germantown, MD for 27 years until we came back home to New England. Our kids were all raised there, which is why we stayed so long, because the Montgomery County schools are highly ranked nationally. Waited until the youngest was going to graduate in 2006. Unfortunately, the day we put our home on the market that April, was the day the housing boom began to collapse, which meant that I had to move North alone and run the inn by myself for the first 16 months, until the MD house finally sold. Poppa spent a lot of time at BWI flying up here to help on busy weekends.

Back