New Password!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaE29

Reaction score
Every time I am not logged in for more than five days or so, my password will not work and I have to request to reset it. This doesn't happen if I lurk here every day, but if I'm not around for awhile, this happens. Can anyone tell me why, or how to fix this? It's frustrating!

I've never had any problem. I stay logged in, but about once a month it asks me to give my password and do the math problem. It always works for me.

Do you use computer, phone, ipad? I do and notice that I have to log in when I've used equipment.

What do you get for an error message? Does it say 'Unrecognized name or password'? Or do you get the 'math problem' error message?

What do you get for an error message? Does it say 'Unrecognized name or password'? Or do you get the 'math problem' error message?.
If you are talking to me , I just have to log in.

What do you get for an error message? Does it say 'Unrecognized name or password'? Or do you get the 'math problem' error message?.
Ice said:
No, banana...
I get the math equation, I fill it out and the return message is (something along the lines of) "Your username and/or password is not recognized". Then I ask for a new password, it sends me an email with a link, I go there, do that, and I'm good. As long as I long in every couple days. Five-seven days seems to be about the norm in how long it will hold on to me.

Ice said:
No, banana...
I get the math equation, I fill it out and the return message is (something along the lines of) "Your username and/or password is not recognized". Then I ask for a new password, it sends me an email with a link, I go there, do that, and I'm good. As long as I long in every couple days. Five-seven days seems to be about the norm in how long it will hold on to me.
You must have your browser set to empty your cache and passwords. Whenever your cache empties, then you have to put your password back in. Check your settings.

Ice said:
No, banana...
You must have your browser set to empty your cache and passwords. Whenever your cache empties, then you have to put your password back in. Check your settings.
Not set like that. Every other website I use has passwords saved. Also, I am using the correct password. I have it written down.

Do you use computer, phone, ipad? I do and notice that I have to log in when I've used equipment..
I only use my desktop for this website because I can't read anything on my phone :) Too tiny!

i sometimes don't know the answer to the captcha or the math problem!
okay, i can do the math ... but sometimes the captcha stumps me.
embaressed_smile.gif

embaressed_smile.gif
seashanty said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Verizon has a captcha that no matter what I entered, it did not work. After about 5 MONTHS of me calling them and raising hell that if they wanted me to pay the bill they had to eliminate the captcha, the finally fixed it. I can now put in my ID and password and get to my bill. I had to go online with the bill because they were charging me $8 per month to send me a bill. Since it is ONLY my toll-free, I would have eliminated THEM but I have a sister-in-law who would never call if she had to pay for it. She is the last of DH's family.

Ice said:
No, banana...
Not set like that. Every other website I use has passwords saved. Also, I am using the correct password. I have it written down.
I would bet that you are using the right password, but the wrong username. So when you have gone away for long enough that your cookie expires (cookie renews each day you are here) then you go to login again, you type the wrong username. Then the email reset link handles the username for you.

Ice said:
No, banana...
I would bet that you are using the right password, but the wrong username. So when you have gone away for long enough that your cookie expires (cookie renews each day you are here) then you go to login again, you type the wrong username. Then the email reset link handles the username for you.
YOU ARE RIGHT! The user name is always prefilled, so I never paid attention to it, and it includes my email address. DOH!

Back