New privacy emails from booking

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us know 2-cat.
I sure wish I had known this before I took their survey this past week!!!
Funny, Exp edia et al has finally started providing us with email & phone numbers for quests, before all we got were names and booking seems to be going in reverse.
Sharpen those claws and be ready to make some fur fly. Please share with us what happens..
Hello Copperhead,
W hat is it like being in bed with them? I am thinking it maybe a better way to go. Just not heard to much about them ? Ex
Flower said:
Hello Copperhead,
W hat is it like being in bed with them? I am thinking it maybe a better way to go. Just not heard to much about them ? Ex
I have been with OTA's etc. for many years. I learned long ago that I can not beat them. They are far better, and have more money to advertise so if I am not getting the business I need using my own tools I may as well join them.
At 15% commission that is sometimes less than many other ways of advertising I have done and bking.com has been a lot easier to work with than many others. Luckily I have always had a rep that has been helpful. I know this has not been the case for others here on this forum or on other forums I am on.
That is until these recent changes. The new privacy email policy is one. I find it very odd that a month or so after Ex pe dia changed their policy and is now providing both email & phone contact info, that now bking.com finds itself doing the reverse.
After meeting with my rep, she advised that I should send feedback using their Feedback tab. She said it seemed to go to the proper department. She also stated that hotels are also having a fit over this new policy. They need proper email addie to enter into their systems. The new bking style email does not meet the usual hotel standards.
So I have been trying to send feedback - but the tab system is not working. I use the 'contact us' page to send my feedback but they kept saying they could not get my complaint to the correct department and I should use the feedback tab. Sent requests to have the feedback tab fixed... but that has been a no go too. My rep has also submitted requests.... her hands are tied at this point.

Another new issue (Mort found) is that bking affiliates are required to create their own descriptions of our properties when displaying our inventory. Unfortunately bking does not try to make sure the affiliate is using correct information on each property. Both Mort and I found a certain affiliate was using incorrect data (mine states all beds are king size, when they are queen as one example).
My rep submitted the affiliate to her boss asking for assistance in getting our information removed from this affiliate or have it corrected. Her boss has informed us that they (bking) has no control over what the affiliate places on their sites about our properties. In other words every property must be on the look out for all affiliates and make the affiliate correct the data shown. So far that has not worked out well with affiliate mentioned.
With all these items pressing heavy on my mind, If things do not make a change, I may need to make a change! I was thinking that TA's Trip Con nect may be the answer, and while it is helping, it appears that most bking.com reservations are not coming through TA but from other sources.
I work in the IT industry. It is in constant flux, based on competition, innovation, regulations, cost cutting, acquisitions, and a lot of other stuff. There is nothing you can really hang your hat on. Just as soon as you find something you like, it suddenly changes. So some monitoring appears and occasional rethinking is in order, as you say...
The theory seems to be at b . com, is this is to eliminate scams. With the tens of millions of Home Depot, Target and other hacks, it seems reasonable. OTOH, it does look like an excuse to control valuable guest contact data.
FWIW, one website claims the best way to reach b . com is at [email protected] or 888-850-3958. Not sure if that is for everyone, guests, or also owners. There is also an arrangement from Get Human . com and LucyPhone to have B . com call you - just enter your number.
undersea said:
FWIW, one website claims the best way to reach b . com is at [email protected] or 888-850-3958. Not sure if that is for everyone, guests, or also owners. There is also an arrangement from Get Human . com and LucyPhone to have B . com call you - just enter your number.
This CS email and phone go to the same bozos that reply to the CS using their extranet system (for business owners)
According to them, they can not send your feedback to the powers that need to hear it. They refer you to send it via the Feedback tab once an owner is logged in. But as mentioned, this tab is not working. They claim that IT is 'working on it'. What I believe is that IT was told they needed to work on it
wink_smile.gif
since they were most likely getting lots of feedback!

Thanks for letting us know 2-cat.
I sure wish I had known this before I took their survey this past week!!!
Funny, Exp edia et al has finally started providing us with email & phone numbers for quests, before all we got were names and booking seems to be going in reverse.
Sharpen those claws and be ready to make some fur fly. Please share with us what happens..
Hello Copperhead,
Flower said:
Hello Copperhead,
I have been with OTA's etc. for many years. I learned long ago that I can not beat them. They are far better, and have more money to advertise so if I am not getting the business I need using my own tools I may as well join them.
At 15% commission that is sometimes less than many other ways of advertising I have done and bking.com has been a lot easier to work with than many others. Luckily I have always had a rep that has been helpful. I know this has not been the case for others here on this forum or on other forums I am on.
That is until these recent changes. The new privacy email policy is one. I find it very odd that a month or so after Ex pe dia changed their policy and is now providing both email & phone contact info, that now bking.com finds itself doing the reverse.
After meeting with my rep, she advised that I should send feedback using their Feedback tab. She said it seemed to go to the proper department. She also stated that hotels are also having a fit over this new policy. They need proper email addie to enter into their systems. The new bking style email does not meet the usual hotel standards.
So I have been trying to send feedback - but the tab system is not working. I use the 'contact us' page to send my feedback but they kept saying they could not get my complaint to the correct department and I should use the feedback tab. Sent requests to have the feedback tab fixed... but that has been a no go too. My rep has also submitted requests.... her hands are tied at this point.

Another new issue (Mort found) is that bking affiliates are required to create their own descriptions of our properties when displaying our inventory. Unfortunately bking does not try to make sure the affiliate is using correct information on each property. Both Mort and I found a certain affiliate was using incorrect data (mine states all beds are king size, when they are queen as one example).
My rep submitted the affiliate to her boss asking for assistance in getting our information removed from this affiliate or have it corrected. Her boss has informed us that they (bking) has no control over what the affiliate places on their sites about our properties. In other words every property must be on the look out for all affiliates and make the affiliate correct the data shown. So far that has not worked out well with affiliate mentioned.
With all these items pressing heavy on my mind, If things do not make a change, I may need to make a change! I was thinking that TA's Trip Con nect may be the answer, and while it is helping, it appears that most bking.com reservations are not coming through TA but from other sources.
I work in the IT industry. It is in constant flux, based on competition, innovation, regulations, cost cutting, acquisitions, and a lot of other stuff. There is nothing you can really hang your hat on. Just as soon as you find something you like, it suddenly changes. So some monitoring appears and occasional rethinking is in order, as you say...
The theory seems to be at b . com, is this is to eliminate scams. With the tens of millions of Home Depot, Target and other hacks, it seems reasonable. OTOH, it does look like an excuse to control valuable guest contact data.
undersea said:
This CS email and phone go to the same bozos that reply to the CS using their extranet system (for business owners)
According to them, they can not send your feedback to the powers that need to hear it. They refer you to send it via the Feedback tab once an owner is logged in. But as mentioned, this tab is not working. They claim that IT is 'working on it'. What I believe is that IT was told they needed to work on it
wink_smile.gif
since they were most likely getting lots of feedback!
I would not be surprised. I had just seen a few people earlier mentioning that they wondered who to contact... A lot of companies now do everything they can to avoid phone conversations. So you have someone in Bangalore or Manila, with a limited knowledge of what to do, juggling 4 chat sessions trying to answer questions for $15/day...

Back