New user introducing herself: notAgrandma

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello notAgrandma and the rest of you innmates!
New to the forum and a new B&B owner. I've been lurking and learning for a few weeks now, so I decided to jump in and introduce myself too.
I'm a practicing Doctor of Chiropractic in Atlanta GA, and my wife will be leaving her corporate America job to run our newly purchased B&B in Tybee Island, Savannah GA.
About the Lighthouse Inn, the previous owners renovated a 1910 Lieutenants home in historic Fort Screven 17 years ago. The Inn has three bedrooms and is only 100 yards from the Tybee lighthouse.
It sure is nice to have a forum/family of Innkeepers to share and get advice from. I look forward to being an active member and I hope my wife joins as well.
Many thanks for all the information, Dr "B".
Welcome Doc B
We enjoy the cooler mountain air these days, but Savannah will always be considered home and we try to visit a few times a year to see friends and family. Picture is of mom and I near the south end of Tybee in the mid-40's.
J45.jpg

Hope you enjoy this forum and the members as much as I have since joining a few years ago.
Great pic JimBoone! Is that near the Pier & Pavilion?
We are excited about calling Savannah/Tybee home. We could use some cooler mountain air, you know how hot and humid Tybee is mid-summer.
Drop by the Inn whenever your in town. We are new to the area and would love to hear some local knowledge and history of the area.
We take over in August, but will be semi-open to give the house a refresh.

Hello notAgrandma and the rest of you innmates!
New to the forum and a new B&B owner. I've been lurking and learning for a few weeks now, so I decided to jump in and introduce myself too.
I'm a practicing Doctor of Chiropractic in Atlanta GA, and my wife will be leaving her corporate America job to run our newly purchased B&B in Tybee Island, Savannah GA.
About the Lighthouse Inn, the previous owners renovated a 1910 Lieutenants home in historic Fort Screven 17 years ago. The Inn has three bedrooms and is only 100 yards from the Tybee lighthouse.
It sure is nice to have a forum/family of Innkeepers to share and get advice from. I look forward to being an active member and I hope my wife joins as well.
Many thanks for all the information, Dr "B".
Welcome Doc B
We enjoy the cooler mountain air these days, but Savannah will always be considered home and we try to visit a few times a year to see friends and family. Picture is of mom and I near the south end of Tybee in the mid-40's.
J45.jpg

Hope you enjoy this forum and the members as much as I have since joining a few years ago.
We are excited about calling Savannah/Tybee home. We could use some cooler mountain air, you know how hot and humid Tybee is mid-summer.
Drop by the Inn whenever your in town. We are new to the area and would love to hear some local knowledge and history of the area.
We take over in August, but will be semi-open to give the house a refresh.
Doc B said:
Long time ago now, but I think that is past the Pavilion down close to 18th Street. Mom & dad sometimes rented a cottage from Mr. Smith for a week and we would vacation in that area, later I remember vacations at Ms. Wheelers on 18th Street, once rode out a hurricane there while dad's new Packard was safe in the garage back in Savannah.
I melt in hot weather so we ran away to cooler air 25 years ago, usually our visits home are during the cooler months of the year. I always have tales to share, mom used to talk of taking the train to Tybee before the highway was built.

Welcome to all newbies. We are like any family - there are times we tick each other off, we go pout, and get over it and come back for more. My method is to flip the bird at the monitor, utter a mild expletive, and go away - for about an hour. I would miss my friends terribly if I ever left They understand, empathize, sympathize, and give a wake-up call when needed Have met many, will meet another in September, and hope to meet many more before I go room temp.

Welcome to all newbies. We are like any family - there are times we tick each other off, we go pout, and get over it and come back for more. My method is to flip the bird at the monitor, utter a mild expletive, and go away - for about an hour. I would miss my friends terribly if I ever left They understand, empathize, sympathize, and give a wake-up call when needed Have met many, will meet another in September, and hope to meet many more before I go room temp..
gillumhouse said:
before I go room temp.
Ha-ha.... never heard that phrase before.

Aloha e komo mai
We're entering our 13th year as innkeepers. Of that time and this forum, I am amazed how much we have learned, how dramatically different the industry is from the day we opened, and how valuable tips continue to pop up on this site. We're a bit different than many since we designed and built our inn ourselves. It was my third house construction wise. We figure we did about 70% of the it. We had help from family and friends when we needed it the most. That sweat equity gave us the ability to grow into our business.
May you enjoy the world of innkeeping as much as we have.

Welcome to notagrandma and doc b. I am more of a reader that a writer here and am a newbie to this business. We have been open one and half years and are loving every aspect of it so far. Before that I was owner/operator a fifties-style diner for ten years, before that a homeschool mom of five for about twenty years, and back to my high school days: my first business was a garbage route using my '54 Ford pick-up. I've worked in car hops, restaurants, and even farming. All experiences led to this desire of serving people and meeting their needs. Sure have lots of great memories and now we are making more with guests from across this great country and our lovely neighbors in Canada.
The very best to you in this grand world of hospitality including this informative and helpful forum.

I will echo the Welcome given by others to all the Newbies. Sorry I am late to the post...it's July.
DH and I have a Historic Home in a National Park in coastal New England with 2 suites and a cottage. This is our 28th year and we are beginning to cut back by limiting our season and blocking out time so we are not run ragged. This forum is an invaluable source of support and wisdom. We have been quite successful because of our location and we are known for our personalized service. Small is beautiful!

Back