News for those who do not live in the south

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen JB!
Last weekend we had a FR couple here who immediately turned off their AC once I showed them how it worked. 'We don't use air conditioning in France' I wanted to alter Dorothy's 'We aren't in Kansas any more, Toto' but chose to leave things as it was... I nearly died each time I went in to fluff the room, and left the room needing a shower. And each time they came in from their outings I could hear him say 'it is freezing in here' My main entry AC temp is set at 77!!!.
Wow! I wish I had more French people stay here, it would keep our electricity bills down (split AC units). For some reason people love setting them at about 18 C (64 F). Grrrr....
I've seen lower.... 10C. And I've seen higher.... 30C. But I guess that may just be the high and low settings.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I've seen lower.... 10C. And I've seen higher.... 30C. But I guess that may just be the high and low settings.
Lots of think setting the system at 10 will make it put out colder air, or setting it at 30 will make it heat the place up faster. Lots of people are wrong!

I need to get some outdoor work done, but it's so hard to get motivated with outside air so thick with moisture that it's hard to breathe.
I'm spoiled by AC. We didn't have air conditioners growing up. we had sleeping poches and fans. For some bizarre reason, my parents invested in an evaporative water cooler. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN A HUMID ENVIRONMENT! Nothing evaporates. We just stayed damp most of the time.
I seem to remember being mildewed much of my early childhood. That might explain many of the mental deficits I enjoy now.

I need to get some outdoor work done, but it's so hard to get motivated with outside air so thick with moisture that it's hard to breathe.
I'm spoiled by AC. We didn't have air conditioners growing up. we had sleeping poches and fans. For some bizarre reason, my parents invested in an evaporative water cooler. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN A HUMID ENVIRONMENT! Nothing evaporates. We just stayed damp most of the time.
I seem to remember being mildewed much of my early childhood. That might explain many of the mental deficits I enjoy now..
That made me laugh PT! I immediately had an image of a kid like the Pigpen character, but instead of dirt, it was mold all around him and he had a cowboy hat on.
Unfortunately, I've had a lot of experience with those evaporator coolers and the only place they would work would be the middle of the desert! Ugh!

I seem to remember being mildewed much of my early childhood. That might explain many of the mental deficits I enjoy now..
When we visited my in-laws in hot Springs the sheets would feel damp and clammy when you went to bed and still feel damp and clammy when you woke up. The place never felt anything BUT damp and clammy!

Back