... Next!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generic) I hope the new one is as good... at least she has a good sense of humour said:
I hope this one is wonderful, does a great job, whip you in humor, gives you lots of five stars, and stay on for years!.
Well at least until the end of October when we go on vacation.
Vacation?!? How about New England? Lovely time to visit with the leaves turning colors and wonderful farms tours, roadside stands, farmer markets to sample new recipes, etc. I know some wonderful B&Bs to spend the nights!!!!!! And you can write it up as learning for work! A definite win-win! Also it will be an international trip without the plane ticket!
Flying to Italy for a few days then on to a cruise for 12 more and then flying back.
Not sure if we will do a week somewhere in January, but maybe depending on schedule and pricing after the holidays.
In April it's flying to Singapore and then on a cruise for 30 day that ends in Rome.
…..so fly into a NE airport if you like to travel by plane instead! Also if you do NE instead of Italy or Singapore, you will be better equipped to answer questions and direct your guests on what to do south of you. I mean how many of your guests ask you questions about Singapore?!?
Duff2014 said:
…..so fly into a NE airport if you like to travel by plane instead! Also if you do NE instead of Italy or Singapore, you will be better equipped to answer questions and direct your guests on what to do south of you. I mean how many of your guests ask you questions about Singapore?!?
Give up. We're not that interesting...
I'm certainly not giving out instructions where to go and what to do in generics fair city. And it's lovely, but no one asks.
I could probably send a boatload of biz to 2 cats, tho! And, possibly 2 of my guests tonight are headed to you in a couple of days. They can't remember where in your city they are staying.
Generic just doesn't know what he is missing out on. We had two guys from up by him here a year and a half ago and since then we have been having people from that community booking with us. My aunt was like, "What did they do, go home and tell all their friends?" Not that we object.
We shall see. It will be interesting if they are staying here!
regular_smile.gif
Do they know its Tennis Weekend?
Hey at least in West Virginia I have been promised tea cups :)
Generic said:
It's so hard to compete with that innkeeper from WV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Alright Mort, I give up…. But we have Tim Horton's!
Do they have the bran and date muffins? They have half a date sticking out the top. Those I might actually drive down for.
Just checked. Tim Horton's closed all their stores in NE since they were losing money…. so no bran and date muffins.
sad_smile.gif
Looks like the DD won and Gillum!
cry_smile.gif

Generic) I hope the new one is as good... at least she has a good sense of humour said:
I hope this one is wonderful, does a great job, whip you in humor, gives you lots of five stars, and stay on for years!.
Vacation?!? How about New England? Lovely time to visit with the leaves turning colors and wonderful farms tours, roadside stands, farmer markets to sample new recipes, etc. I know some wonderful B&Bs to spend the nights!!!!!! And you can write it up as learning for work! A definite win-win! Also it will be an international trip without the plane ticket!
Flying to Italy for a few days then on to a cruise for 12 more and then flying back.
Not sure if we will do a week somewhere in January, but maybe depending on schedule and pricing after the holidays.
In April it's flying to Singapore and then on a cruise for 30 day that ends in Rome.
Duff2014 said:
I'm certainly not giving out instructions where to go and what to do in generics fair city. And it's lovely, but no one asks.
I could probably send a boatload of biz to 2 cats, tho! And, possibly 2 of my guests tonight are headed to you in a couple of days. They can't remember where in your city they are staying.
Generic just doesn't know what he is missing out on. We had two guys from up by him here a year and a half ago and since then we have been having people from that community booking with us. My aunt was like, "What did they do, go home and tell all their friends?" Not that we object.
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Do they have the bran and date muffins? They have half a date sticking out the top. Those I might actually drive down for.
Just checked. Tim Horton's closed all their stores in NE since they were losing money…. so no bran and date muffins.
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/Tim+Hortons/@39.352327,-80.4162205,11z/data=!3m1!4b1
Apparently they also have them in WV.

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/Tim+Hortons/@39.352327,-80.4162205,11z/data=!3m1!4b1
NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally unfair!
sad_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

I only have 3 of them within about 10 miles from me. I will have to stop in and check on your muffin.

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

I only have 3 of them within about 10 miles from me. I will have to stop in and check on your muffin.
Alright! I give up and declare the victory to the great Gillum!
regular_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

You have cups and Tim's... you won without the muffin :)

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

Alright! I give up and declare the victory to the great Gillum!
regular_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

THAT is assuming the Great Generic will take enough of a break from his world travels to condescend to visit a lowly B & B in what too much of the world looks at as "lowly" West Virginia even if we DO know it is Wonderful!

Apparently the original one is coming back. The ladies are now having a catfight over the job. I just pay the agency.... let the agency deal with that. Nice to know the job is good enough for them to fight over, though :)

Apparently the original one is coming back. The ladies are now having a catfight over the job. I just pay the agency.... let the agency deal with that. Nice to know the job is good enough for them to fight over, though :).
Perfect! Now you have two cleaning ladies.
regular_smile.gif

Apparently the original one is coming back. The ladies are now having a catfight over the job. I just pay the agency.... let the agency deal with that. Nice to know the job is good enough for them to fight over, though :).
Send one of them here! We're back in the market. The cleaning agency here doesn't work weekends and their reviews are horrible.
Private cleaners are $25/hour which is beyond our means unless they only work two days.

Send one of them here! We're back in the market. The cleaning agency here doesn't work weekends and their reviews are horrible.
Private cleaners are $25/hour which is beyond our means unless they only work two days.
We are paying the agency $21 an hour. She's here for 3 hours a day. Have you tried care.com

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
The muffins just went into the oven…. If you first don't succeed, try, try again!

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
The muffins just went into the oven…. If you first don't succeed, try, try again!
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
So the muffins came out well! Posting them here not so well…
sad_smile.gif
(Notice the missing picture!) So the pictures were sent by email to Generic. They tasted good! They were made with friendship from three innspiring innkeepers, (one via text messages.) for the Great Generic! It was a great honor to bake for such an one and only Generic!

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
(Notice the missing picture!) So the pictures were sent by email to Generic. They tasted good! They were made with friendship from three innspiring innkeepers, (one via text messages.) for the Great Generic! It was a great honor to bake for such an one and only Generic!
Humphf! He won't come get 10 teacups AND saucers but would drive for a muffin??????

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
Humphf! He won't come get 10 teacups AND saucers but would drive for a muffin??????
gillumhouse said:
Don't get upset yet….Generic is still on the other side of the border.
sad_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
Haven't driven down to the other side of the border in MONTHS. In fact, haven't left the city in months. In fact, haven't left the island in months....

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
sad_smile.gif

Not upset - just tweaking. I doubt any of us have anything that would lure him to OUR lairs. We are not in the tropics nor in an exotic destination. Podunk is WAY TOO mundane a destination for him, to consider unless he is down to his last cup.

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
sad_smile.gif

Not upset - just tweaking. I doubt any of us have anything that would lure him to OUR lairs. We are not in the tropics nor in an exotic destination. Podunk is WAY TOO mundane a destination for him, to consider unless he is down to his last cup.
I've driven through Maine once... on my way to New Brunswick. And I've been to state next to WV... on my way to Florida.... down the I95.

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
He needs some clumsy guests to knock over a bunch of teacups.
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Generic said:
wink_smile.gif

And saucers! Woohoo!
Generic said:
Duff2014 said:
Generic said:
sad_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
sad_smile.gif

Food and wine show weekend after next and the Restaurant Week in November…. A great gourmet chef that makes macaron should try both events.

Back