No One Tells Me ANYTHING!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, today, just before noon the tech passes by, asks to see my cable/backyard, etc. Go there. He thinks it's in the alleyway. He goes. Two hours later, still not fixed. So I'm on the phone with the cable company (where Specific is working at the moment) and talk to tech support that has to call the administration people. I'm on the phone 15 minutes so far trying to get them to fix what they were supposed to fix but didn't fix because they fix something that wasn't broken when Specific tried to save me $2 a month.
Anyone want to make me lunch? Remember, no bread... it's matzoh time..
Doesn't Specific have some inside pull?

So, today, just before noon the tech passes by, asks to see my cable/backyard, etc. Go there. He thinks it's in the alleyway. He goes. Two hours later, still not fixed. So I'm on the phone with the cable company (where Specific is working at the moment) and talk to tech support that has to call the administration people. I'm on the phone 15 minutes so far trying to get them to fix what they were supposed to fix but didn't fix because they fix something that wasn't broken when Specific tried to save me $2 a month.
Doesn't Specific have some inside pull?
Nope. He works there, but not an employee. And he's in the computer department fixing their programming, not dealing with clients.

Generic said:
Anyone want to make me lunch? Remember, no bread... it's matzoh time.
Specific, you will never live this one down. Even if Generic deals with it, you will never be allowed to forget it!
When I called the cable company yesterday and they promised to fix it, yesterday or today, I asked what time. He couldn't give me a time. I asked what time they finish for the day. He asked why. I said, because I want to know at what time I should call back to complain that it wasn't fixed yet. The customer service guy sighed. He knew I was right.
So, just after 5PM I called them. Went through everything again. Told them to pass me to cancellation because well, why should I pay for a service they can't fix. They promised I will have a tech fix it by 8PM tonight. I told them that they better, because at 8:30PM, I'm calling the cancellation department... tired of paying for a service I don't have... and we can let a judge solve the problem of who owes who money. Let's see if that works. Anyone want to bet against them?

So, end of the story. I called at 5PM and at 5:30 they promised it would be fixed by 8PM today. I told them at 8:30PM I was no longer a client. I guess they took me seriously... the tech said they told him to drive 25km to get here and fix it. And I'm pleased to say that it's been fixed.

So, end of the story. I called at 5PM and at 5:30 they promised it would be fixed by 8PM today. I told them at 8:30PM I was no longer a client. I guess they took me seriously... the tech said they told him to drive 25km to get here and fix it. And I'm pleased to say that it's been fixed..
So for ? long you were paying for something you were not getting and then it took you ?# of man hours to demand you get what you should have gotten. I call that stealing!
For my story: Garbage collection, I pay quarterly. Two weeks into the new quarter I get a letter stating they were going from 2 pickups a week to 1 starting the next month. No 'credit' - zero!
So this company things that they can basically cut their job in half for the same pay and the customers won't complain?
I did decide it was not worth the hassle to change companies and fight them for the $ back so am changing companies (same rate for 2 pickups, bulk pick up and recycling) at the end of the quarter.

So, end of the story. I called at 5PM and at 5:30 they promised it would be fixed by 8PM today. I told them at 8:30PM I was no longer a client. I guess they took me seriously... the tech said they told him to drive 25km to get here and fix it. And I'm pleased to say that it's been fixed..
So for ? long you were paying for something you were not getting and then it took you ?# of man hours to demand you get what you should have gotten. I call that stealing!
For my story: Garbage collection, I pay quarterly. Two weeks into the new quarter I get a letter stating they were going from 2 pickups a week to 1 starting the next month. No 'credit' - zero!
So this company things that they can basically cut their job in half for the same pay and the customers won't complain?
I did decide it was not worth the hassle to change companies and fight them for the $ back so am changing companies (same rate for 2 pickups, bulk pick up and recycling) at the end of the quarter.
Unknown. Less than a month. But you have to call to cancel to get them to actually give you a credit... the normal CS people aren't usually able to actually give a credit.

Our trash pickup did the same thing. We cancelled it, bought a dump sticker and now pay about $8/month instead of $15/week.

Our trash pickup did the same thing. We cancelled it, bought a dump sticker and now pay about $8/month instead of $15/week.
Morticia said:
[/quote ]
Food for thought but our dump is too far away to consider this for weekly needs and no truck or trailer to haul it either.

Morticia said:
[/quote ]
Food for thought but our dump is too far away to consider this for weekly needs and no truck or trailer to haul it either.
Copperhead said:
Morticia said:
We're right in town so close to everything. We just throw the cans in the back of the car. But, yes, you do have to have everything line up to make it work.

I am fortunate in that our garbage company that has the City Contract has allowed me to be on the residential rate (I think it is up to about $13 per month) pick-up once a week. The commercial rate was $25 got 15 lbs. of trash back in 1996.

Back