oh here's a toilet I will just use it ...and not flush it

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after fluffing, we locked the guest doors. they would have to have the outdoor key with them (attached to the indoor key) because how would they get back in to the building?
i was more concerned with someone's personal belongings going missing ... cameras, laptops, iphones, jewelry, etc. ... than with toilet and shower use.
but how rude is that ... to go into another room to shower? or to send kids into another bathroom? they know darn well it's wrong.
we had guests check out and a chambermaid was cleaning when a man who had checked out slipped back in during all the in and out the door chaos and sat down on 'his' toilet when she went out to get fresh linens from the hallway ... the shrieks when she stepped back into the bathroom to hang up new towels!!!! unreal.
And don't get me going on the teenagers I found in the laundry room whose mother proceeded to yell at ME for daring to tell them they didn't belong in there.
Yes, this is still a bathroom story. They didn't want to walk to their room so they went looking for a bathroom on the main floor!
Mom's take on it was if it didn't have a keep out sign it was guest territory. So I had to put up keep out signs on all the doors to keep those kids limited to their room and the living room.
We added a 'public' half bath at the foot of the guest stairs, just so people would not have to go back up to use their restroom. It's just off the dining room. The health inspector was pleased with the idea too.
I am not trying to be negative here - just realistic with what has happened to my half bath, that is located downstairs, between the kitchen and the dining room, in the hallway on the way to the pool. People see it is there (I no longer point it out) on their way outdoors, and inevitably, someone will use it to do their #2 in the morning because (I guess) they don't want to do that while their spouse or partner is in the room or showering. I like it there because it is more convenient for people that are using the pool to just walk the few feet to it, instead of traipsing upstairs with dripping clothes to their room to go.

But because people are so rude they have to do that and leave the stench for me and the breakfast guests to enjoy, There is spray in the room, but no way to install an exhaust fan unless I cut a hole in the side of this 1887 house. Not happening.

So be aware.....I am considering putting a lock on the door.
on dragons den they were working on a toilet which has a sort of fan in the toilet tank so it sucks the smell down the pipe in a clever way - in the uk its the law that you have to have a vent with a toilet so it would solve that problem for builders - may be something to look out for in the future.

Timely discussion about the powder room. We are putting in one this summer, under the stairs in the center hall.

After reading Banana's post and those that followed, I will now make sure the door is locked in the AM. AND I will put in a time released spray as I don't want to deal with that odor any time of the day and I also do not have a way to put in an exhaust fan.
Why can't anything be easy!

Timely discussion about the powder room. We are putting in one this summer, under the stairs in the center hall.

After reading Banana's post and those that followed, I will now make sure the door is locked in the AM. AND I will put in a time released spray as I don't want to deal with that odor any time of the day and I also do not have a way to put in an exhaust fan.
Why can't anything be easy!.
The same space under the stairs is a guest room bathroom here! All of our extra space is being used.

Back