Ok guys, here it is!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Sounds like a great idea!
Even though the name is InnRewards, a separate page could be optimized for 'Bed and breakfast rewards' for those searching specifically for 'B&B'.
Looking good Bob! Glad you were able to jump on this. I, for one, do a lot of talking and little doing. Thank you.

As I'm working on this new site, I might have a suggestion. I know we all have different reservation software. So I'm not sure what yours can do and this might already e available for some. I use ResKey. I know that I can offer a discount by offering a code to guests. They enter this in while making a reservation. It takes it off their total automatically. This will work great for Innrewards. The only problem is, I might not want to offer a discount all the time. I might want to offer a bottle of wine or a gift basket. It would be nice to be able to offer a code that we offer on innrewards that when they enter that we will know what to give out. I asked John about this and he said he would work on this if he had enough people that would use it. I think this would really be helpful when guests make an online reservation. Some programs might already have this. If you do not participate in online reservations it's ok. You will need to just make sure when a guests calls you with what ever special you are doing, you have a simple system in place. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this idea?

As I'm working on this new site, I might have a suggestion. I know we all have different reservation software. So I'm not sure what yours can do and this might already e available for some. I use ResKey. I know that I can offer a discount by offering a code to guests. They enter this in while making a reservation. It takes it off their total automatically. This will work great for Innrewards. The only problem is, I might not want to offer a discount all the time. I might want to offer a bottle of wine or a gift basket. It would be nice to be able to offer a code that we offer on innrewards that when they enter that we will know what to give out. I asked John about this and he said he would work on this if he had enough people that would use it. I think this would really be helpful when guests make an online reservation. Some programs might already have this. If you do not participate in online reservations it's ok. You will need to just make sure when a guests calls you with what ever special you are doing, you have a simple system in place. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this idea?.
Rather than in the Discount, have an entry of Reward Code that if left blank just goes on with the reservation or if filled tells the innkeeper this is the reward of the month and valid codes would be RWD01 thru RWD12. That would tell the innkeeper the reward to be giving. Having a chart of what rewards we are giving each month would tell us what that guest gets so if they booked for July in May a RWD05 would tell you the 05 reward is what they are expecting to get in July.

As I'm working on this new site, I might have a suggestion. I know we all have different reservation software. So I'm not sure what yours can do and this might already e available for some. I use ResKey. I know that I can offer a discount by offering a code to guests. They enter this in while making a reservation. It takes it off their total automatically. This will work great for Innrewards. The only problem is, I might not want to offer a discount all the time. I might want to offer a bottle of wine or a gift basket. It would be nice to be able to offer a code that we offer on innrewards that when they enter that we will know what to give out. I asked John about this and he said he would work on this if he had enough people that would use it. I think this would really be helpful when guests make an online reservation. Some programs might already have this. If you do not participate in online reservations it's ok. You will need to just make sure when a guests calls you with what ever special you are doing, you have a simple system in place. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this idea?.
Rather than in the Discount, have an entry of Reward Code that if left blank just goes on with the reservation or if filled tells the innkeeper this is the reward of the month and valid codes would be RWD01 thru RWD12. That would tell the innkeeper the reward to be giving. Having a chart of what rewards we are giving each month would tell us what that guest gets so if they booked for July in May a RWD05 would tell you the 05 reward is what they are expecting to get in July.
gillumhouse said:
That's a great idea! That would work great! It would just be another reservation field.

gillumhouse said:
I think this will work for ResKey users. I just added a custom field. I just named it "Enter Your InnReward.com Code Here!" Thanks Gillumhouse!
Screen%20shot%202012-11-27%20at%2012.29.45%20PM.png

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
This is very complicated.
I don't think I will be having a bunch of different rewards, I will have only one. If I want to change it then I will change it on the innrewards website.
I have diff discount/gift codes on rezkey now, "bookonline" or any other, "BOGO" etc. I wont have them per month or per gift, it is too much. Whatever I do will do for a certain amount of time.

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
I don't think I will be having a bunch of different rewards, I will have only one. If I want to change it then I will change it on the innrewards website.
I have diff discount/gift codes on rezkey now, "bookonline" or any other, "BOGO" etc. I wont have them per month or per gift, it is too much. Whatever I do will do for a certain amount of time.
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
That is why you could leave it blank or the guests could enter RWD (so you know they are rewards guests). It is also why we are each setting up our OWN rewards. If someone wants to change rewards every month to encourage return guests to get a different reward next month or in a couple months they can but would need to know what they are offering when.
I meant this for the guests who book in advance (rare these days, but possible) because they liked the reward offered that month. So now you know to set one of whatever aside for that guest. I am not planning to give a discount as a reward. I plan to do a roast of coffee. I may choose to offer a particular country of beans or a choice of 3 for that month. I would need to know to keep some of that country on hand.

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
That is why you could leave it blank or the guests could enter RWD (so you know they are rewards guests). It is also why we are each setting up our OWN rewards. If someone wants to change rewards every month to encourage return guests to get a different reward next month or in a couple months they can but would need to know what they are offering when.
I meant this for the guests who book in advance (rare these days, but possible) because they liked the reward offered that month. So now you know to set one of whatever aside for that guest. I am not planning to give a discount as a reward. I plan to do a roast of coffee. I may choose to offer a particular country of beans or a choice of 3 for that month. I would need to know to keep some of that country on hand.
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
You see this is what I want to discuss too, in the end we don't want someone already on our website then going for freebies or rewards because it is so easy to do so, unless we want everyone to do that. "New reservations only" and etc whatever is stipulated.
Case in point, our smallest and oldest restaurant was giving away a free western dog if you came in on election Tuesday wearing an I VOTED sticker.
They got in deep doo doo as you cannot do this, so they said sorry and said "Okay, we changed it to anyone who comes in on Election Tuesday and mentions this they will get a free western dog"
I think about the person who handed me the coupon they found in a nearby CVB and said we will apply that. Coupons have limited space, so you can't put all the reg's on them, I learned my lesson that day, and it soured me on those guests, I might add.
So whatever we do, we will need to work out how they redeem knowing they are innrewards, not just someone stumbling upon it and getting something, or give it to everyone who fills those conditions, like the western dog.

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
You see this is what I want to discuss too, in the end we don't want someone already on our website then going for freebies or rewards because it is so easy to do so, unless we want everyone to do that. "New reservations only" and etc whatever is stipulated.
Case in point, our smallest and oldest restaurant was giving away a free western dog if you came in on election Tuesday wearing an I VOTED sticker.
They got in deep doo doo as you cannot do this, so they said sorry and said "Okay, we changed it to anyone who comes in on Election Tuesday and mentions this they will get a free western dog"
I think about the person who handed me the coupon they found in a nearby CVB and said we will apply that. Coupons have limited space, so you can't put all the reg's on them, I learned my lesson that day, and it soured me on those guests, I might add.
So whatever we do, we will need to work out how they redeem knowing they are innrewards, not just someone stumbling upon it and getting something, or give it to everyone who fills those conditions, like the western dog.
I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw! It IS a problematical situation!

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw! It IS a problematical situation!
gillumhouse said:
Is it? Could be a blessing. We want people to use it and give out the rewards. I want them to go home and talk about it. Tell their friends to try a Bed an Breakfast. Luckily, I control what we will be giving at our propertyI have been mentioning it to some guests to get feed back on the idea. They Absalutley love the idea. If I happen to get 1 or 2 more reservations a month that I might no otherwise. It will pay for what ever I might offer. I beleive we will all be receiving a lot more bookings after this is up and going! If every guests that makes a reservation gives a code, then I know where they are finding me and where they will recommend others to go and look for me or you!

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?

I just saw this on HARO, I would approach this if our InnRewards was set up already, this is business travel, but sometimes they may go in a different direction when they find a diff source.
Travel
1) Summary: Business Travelers Using Hotel Loyalty Programs
Category: Travel
Email:
Media Outlet: Anonymous
Deadline: 3:00 PM EST - 29 November
Query:
Last minute request for interviews of business travelers who use
Hotel Loyalty Programs, pros and cons, benefits, customer
service, etc. Other interview sources fell through. Quotes will
be used in article for major print global publication.
Requirements:
Business travelers, frequent or occasional, who use Hotel
Loyalty Program points to book vacations, business trips, etc.

gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
July in May?
Sorry, but if this takes off it is bound to happen, but if I fill up because of this GOOD, that is my intention! With having a link on our site (which I am also in favor of) people are bound to find it and register. It is just like any other offer we make, you have to think of it as advertising money; choose your reward based on that.

Back