Online Reservation Systems

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been using airbnb and are quite happy with it as it's very simple and reliable. You just put in the description, address, rates, bank details etc... and you're set. Guests will pay airbnb and airbnb pays you, payments come in the day after arrival, always on time (just make sure to set your cancellation policy to strict) and you can also see the guests pictures which makes my mother happy haha.
You can always do a facebook page and manage the bookings youselve on a diary but I think airbnb is much simpler and would be visible to a broader audience..
dont' mean to be rude but isn't that putting all your eggs in one basket? there have been incidents in the UK in london especially where hosts accounts on Air have been shut down with no notice and they won't reinstate - I personally would be wary of just using one advertising line.

We have been using airbnb and are quite happy with it as it's very simple and reliable. You just put in the description, address, rates, bank details etc... and you're set. Guests will pay airbnb and airbnb pays you, payments come in the day after arrival, always on time (just make sure to set your cancellation policy to strict) and you can also see the guests pictures which makes my mother happy haha.
You can always do a facebook page and manage the bookings youselve on a diary but I think airbnb is much simpler and would be visible to a broader audience..
dont' mean to be rude but isn't that putting all your eggs in one basket? there have been incidents in the UK in london especially where hosts accounts on Air have been shut down with no notice and they won't reinstate - I personally would be wary of just using one advertising line.
I have never thought about that and hope that airbnb would not do that to me haha but yes you are right, albeit being an easy place to start from and it is almost free (they only take about 1-3% from hosts), one cannot expand since people tend to go on airbnb to find a cheap price and it is not as popular as booking.com, expedia etc...

Funny, the worst abuse of my hospitality has been from guests who booked via Air. My best guest... always book directly and I don't have to pay anyone anything for that.
The ability to look at the pictures on Air is EXACTLY the problem. It's set up as a way to allow people to discriminate.

Back