Opportunity knocks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to rate a guest on air. A guest who annoyed me in multiple ways:
  • No contact
  • Late arrival with no contact
  • Allergies that suddenly appeared that she swears she told us about (see: no contact)
  • Stuffing religious tracts in every drawer, under the bed, in the guest book, in the towels in the bathroom.
I'm thinking about it.

what does that mean? stuffing religious tracts in towels?.
We picked up the towels and out fell all these booklets about reading the Bible and going to church. They were soggy from being rolled up in the wet towels.

I've never rated less than 5 stars. I'm still waiting on the dog pee person's check to arrive. I expect it tomorrow. I will probably rate 4, include what happened and that the guest took responsibility for covering the cost of the damage. But I would not host again, and will say that too. The reviews are for the host's benefit, so just-the-facts-maam disclosure of what happened without judgmental comments would likely be the way to go.

I would definitely mention it in my review. I think other hosts need to know what to expect.

We picked up the towels and out fell all these booklets about reading the Bible and going to church. They were soggy from being rolled up in the wet towels.
Morticia said:
I have left a booklet in the tip envelope with my tip. But doing it how they did it is unacceptable.
I found two wet towels neatly folded on the bed. When I picked them up they were too heavy for just towels. I unfolded them to find an iPad. I neatly put two new towels on the bed instead of in the drawer where they go and put the iPad back in… probably hiding it from the maid.
shades_smile.gif
The next day all wet towels were in the bathroom. No iPad in sight.

I would certainly want to know about this guest. Please do review!.
See I had a Air Guest booked for her mother - said so in the booking and we agreed but would never have her again - came for a funeral, came late, booked late and then rang afterwards to ask million questions about basically the last room in town - if you don't want it because it doesn't have a full length mirror then there is literally no where else.
then "husband" kept turning up but seemed to be staying somewhere else "with friends" but seemed to spend a lot of time sat in the park - one morning at 7.20 am she asked if he could sit with her for breakfast, then gave him her cooked breakfast while cleaning out the buffet. Put us in a difficut position as we didn't know if she wanted to see him or if just rubbing along because it was his fathers funeral and because he wasn't staying here had to keep letting him in. Also various phone troubles that they expected me to sort.

So far so good with all of our Air couples. Some just left today and when I told them to book directly next time and it will save them money, they were shocked.

That's why a maid must check every corner, every drawer, etc…. It beats our guest here who stuffed the drawers with empty beer bottles. They were the first ones to join the do not book list! When I worked at the retreat center, a guest left one dollar bills all over the room with notes to remind you to check the fan blades, did you dust the heater etc. When you check it you found another bill with another note. It put some fun into another day of cleaning.

Morticia said:
I have left a booklet in the tip envelope with my tip. But doing it how they did it is unacceptable.
I found two wet towels neatly folded on the bed. When I picked them up they were too heavy for just towels. I unfolded them to find an iPad. I neatly put two new towels on the bed instead of in the drawer where they go and put the iPad back in… probably hiding it from the maid.
shades_smile.gif
Oh I had a good laugh on that one. You see we had some strange things that people were trying to hid from us. So we stopped that from happening . Be bought a safety box that was big enough to hold laptop . They can put in their own numbers they know we cannot get into it. If they were at all concerned that "WE" might take what ever. Yes we had to phone people once that forgot they left some thing in the safe. They told us the numbers to get it out and had a friend swing by to pick it up.
Problems solved for us any ways.

Morticia said:
shades_smile.gif
wrapped an ipad in wet towels? genious!

Morticia said:
shades_smile.gif
Maybe the ipad got wet and they put it in the towels to dry? I can't imagine someone putting an ipad in soiled towels.

Morticia said:
shades_smile.gif
Maybe the ipad got wet and they put it in the towels to dry? I can't imagine someone putting an ipad in soiled towels.
As my aunt said, "They weren't the brightest souls on the planet."

Other than the religious items while she was there was she a nice guest?
if so, I would tend to give her a good review but include that it would have been nice to have had notice of her late arrival and dietary needs. And I bet you can come up with a witty way to warn others of the religious materials.

I would mention the religious tracts, to me that's just insulting and a violation of my home.

if so, I would tend to give her a good review but include that it would have been nice to have had notice of her late arrival and dietary needs. And I bet you can come up with a witty way to warn others of the religious materials..
She was also the guest who insulted the couple having breakfast, out of the blue.

if so, I would tend to give her a good review but include that it would have been nice to have had notice of her late arrival and dietary needs. And I bet you can come up with a witty way to warn others of the religious materials..
She was also the guest who insulted the couple having breakfast, out of the blue.
Morticia said:
THAT earns her the DO NOT DARKEN MY DOOR. I can put up with a lot of crap (and have from various people), but do not mess with my guests.
I once had an inn-to-inn package with a B & B on the other end of the tail-trail. Guests usually started with them and rode down the trail to us. One day, they called here and asked to talk to the guests (they were here on the package a second time). I thought nothing of it thinking something may have been left behind. No, they called to accuse the woman of smoking in the room. The guest swore to me that she did not, and I know I only saw her smoke outside. Even if she had, in my mind, calling her at MY B & B was wrong. Fortunately the guest did not hold it against me - they booked here again after that.

Latest posts

Back