OTA's making you crazy?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Tired of seeing your TA listing state you have no availability because you don't pay to play? PAII is trying to help:
PAII has been asked by AH&LA to assist them in gathering consumer complaints regarding online booking scams: specifically OTA's that message the consumer 'no availability' or 'pricing not available - may we refer you to another property' simply because the lodging property does not participate in the OTA's booking program. There are 3 states whose Attorney General is interested in investigating these occurrences; PAII is working with these state B&B associations. (PAII members can read more in AH&LA Takes on Fraudulent Hotel Sites and Airbnb.)
Let PAII or AH&LA know what's going on.

Wow. Good. Not used to anybody being able to stand up to these huge, powerful companies.

Excellent. This is one of the reasons I told TA that I wouldn't renew my business listing.
Why should I pay them £650 fpr a tiny link on the page when they have a big banner sending people to my competition.

I just e-mailed our State AG consumer division. Do not know if it will make a difference, but I tried. I copied screens from my listing and from another B & B nearby that gets the same thing. Trying.

We just [temporarily] won the battle from TA to have our listing not say "no availability". TA was stating that Orbit was sending the information and that we have to go through them to update our results. Once we got in writing from Orbit that we did not have an account with them and that a GDS (we don't even have one) was not supplying our information. Took about 3 weeks and explaining to every customer service rep what our story was to get it removed. We've run into this for the past 4 years, I suspect another OTA will be saying we are full by the end of the year.

We just [temporarily] won the battle from TA to have our listing not say "no availability". TA was stating that Orbit was sending the information and that we have to go through them to update our results. Once we got in writing from Orbit that we did not have an account with them and that a GDS (we don't even have one) was not supplying our information. Took about 3 weeks and explaining to every customer service rep what our story was to get it removed. We've run into this for the past 4 years, I suspect another OTA will be saying we are full by the end of the year..
After having PRICING state - No prices available for this property, going to Availability shows Contact the property for availability.
Neither one is really helpful. The frustrating thing is that even after closing AND informing TA of the closure, listings do not come down. I wrote a review several years ago that my friends B & B closed. It must have disappeared because I had to write another for her as she was still getting calls (more since she closed than when open actually). Reading my current review is the ONLY indication she is closed.

Have you noticed that TA now has, in red, 'Please enter dates to continue'? As in, don't bother reading on without entering dates.

Good going guys! I always tell people not to pay for the business listing!
They should remove that whole no availability stuff and give your contact details instead, especially if you pay for a listing.

The last TA rep that contacted me was told that I would never buy a biz listing when a restaurant biz info was on there for free. He kept saying one thing has nothing to do with another. CLICK

The last TA rep that contacted me was told that I would never buy a biz listing when a restaurant biz info was on there for free. He kept saying one thing has nothing to do with another. CLICK.
Breakfast Diva said:
The last TA rep that contacted me was told that I would never buy a biz listing when a restaurant biz info was on there for free. He kept saying one thing has nothing to do with another. CLICK
I have to remember this, I keep forgetting.

The last TA rep that contacted me was told that I would never buy a biz listing when a restaurant biz info was on there for free. He kept saying one thing has nothing to do with another. CLICK.
Breakfast Diva said:
I have to remember this, I keep forgetting.
My renewal is coming up. We have TWICE told them not to renew.

Latest posts

Back