Pat on the back for DH who spread his cooking wings this morning

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Beachie, would you be willing to share that fabulous blueberry pancake recipe? We're going to have a bumper crop this year and I'd love to be able to add this to my lineup. I use the sour cream pancakes I got on here this spring, which is great--I can dress them up but I haven't been happy with my blueberry recipe..
2cat_lady said:
Hey Beachie, would you be willing to share that fabulous blueberry pancake recipe? We're going to have a bumper crop this year and I'd love to be able to add this to my lineup. I use the sour cream pancakes I got on here this spring, which is great--I can dress them up but I haven't been happy with my blueberry recipe.
Not much to it. I add a generous pour of vanilla to my regular pancake mix.
I did perfect a method, though.
I tried mixing the blueberries into the mix and they didn't distribute evenly. So I tried dropping them on top of the pancake in the pan and they burned when I flipped the pancakes.
So my new method is, I scoop the batter and drop 4 blueberries into the batter, then pour onto the pan. Evenly distributed and covered with batter.
Frozen blueberries. Then they don't burn, they steam and puff up the pancakes.
... covered in flour, so they don't "bleed" and make everything purple.
Charlie said:
Good one. Didn't know that trick.

Hey Beachie, would you be willing to share that fabulous blueberry pancake recipe? We're going to have a bumper crop this year and I'd love to be able to add this to my lineup. I use the sour cream pancakes I got on here this spring, which is great--I can dress them up but I haven't been happy with my blueberry recipe..
2cat_lady said:
Hey Beachie, would you be willing to share that fabulous blueberry pancake recipe? We're going to have a bumper crop this year and I'd love to be able to add this to my lineup. I use the sour cream pancakes I got on here this spring, which is great--I can dress them up but I haven't been happy with my blueberry recipe.
I tried mixing the blueberries into the mix and they didn't distribute evenly. So I tried dropping them on top of the pancake in the pan and they burned when I flipped the pancakes.
So my new method is, I scoop the batter and drop 4 blueberries into the batter, then pour onto the pan. Evenly distributed and covered with batter.
Charlie said:
If you put them in the pancakes on the griddle, then immediately flip, no bleeding problem.
That flour trick never works for me in scones or muffins.
How small are these frozen blueberries? Ours are ginormous.The flour disappears into the "sweat" anyway.
Charlie said:
How small are these frozen blueberries? Ours are ginormous.The flour disappears into the "sweat" anyway.
Wild blueberries. Teeny tiny. We don't use those huge ones.
They freeze wild blueberries? Ours lose their taste if they are even refrigerated.
Charlie said:
They freeze wild blueberries? Ours lose their taste if they are even refrigerated.
We buy them in 5lb bags. They're great. I use them to make blueberry sauce in the winter.

2cat_lady said:
Charlie said:
If you put them in the pancakes on the griddle, then immediately flip, no bleeding problem.
That flour trick never works for me in scones or muffins.
Charlie said:
Wild blueberries. Teeny tiny. We don't use those huge ones.
Charlie said:
We buy them in 5lb bags. They're great. I use them to make blueberry sauce in the winter.
I buy mine at the club, but cultivated blueberries. Around here, the wild ones are treated like tomatoes, ruined if you put them in the fridge, they lose their flavour.

I froze bags of the wild ones last year as I picked them and just used the last of them a few weeks ago. I used them to make jam all winter and used them in individual crisps for breakfast.

I froze bags of the wild ones last year as I picked them and just used the last of them a few weeks ago. I used them to make jam all winter and used them in individual crisps for breakfast..
Aldi's (but not last week) has amazing prices on blueberries through the summer. I regularly buy them between 0.99 to 1.99 a pint fresh...
They also have often amazing prices on bella mushrooms, baby carrots, etc. Yesterday, ORGANIC baby carrots were 0.89.

All four rooms are taken tonight by the same business group. They have stayed several times in the past. I was counting on 6 for breakfast unfortunately nobody gave me the message that nobody would be eating breakfast tomorrow.
As I have often said to y'all my forum buddies, I was a total non cook 8 years ago and still amaze myself when I whip up a quiche or an omelette. So I had already gotten fresh raspberries for the starter and pre cooked the veggies for the quiche before the no breakfast news hit.
No problem. Gives me a "soup opportunity".

All four rooms are taken tonight by the same business group. They have stayed several times in the past. I was counting on 6 for breakfast unfortunately nobody gave me the message that nobody would be eating breakfast tomorrow.
As I have often said to y'all my forum buddies, I was a total non cook 8 years ago and still amaze myself when I whip up a quiche or an omelette. So I had already gotten fresh raspberries for the starter and pre cooked the veggies for the quiche before the no breakfast news hit.
No problem. Gives me a "soup opportunity"..
Innkeep said:
No problem. Gives me a "soup opportunity".
a souportunity.

Back