Paypal Card Reader

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been reviewing my card processing costs of late, you might be interested in the following:-
Current machine fees for 2012 £524, rental of the machine £300, total for 2012 = £824
If I'd been with Pay Pal here: Standard transactions at 2.7% = £633, CNP transactions would be 3.4%= £116 total for 2012 = £749
That's not enough saving to make me jump from an industry standard desktop machine to a brand new technology, plus someone I know who uses the same processing bank say they are paying 1.2% (us 1.7%) and debit cards 15p (us 25p), so I think I need to phone the bank and threaten to jump..
John, you know that Intuit offers it also in the UK, but they have chip & pin. You use a PC at home and a chip reader on the go.
There is also mPowa. I think you need to do a little comparison shopping.
Cost Club UK is with iZettle, though. But are you sure they won't do manual transactions? I saw a manual rate of £0.15 plus 3.5% with iZettle (and 2.75% to 1.5% on EMV transactions.) - And yes, I realize the closes Cost Club to you is 125km away.

Paypal Card reader is not yet available in our region. But I am seeing that this would not provide proper security like what standard credit card security features have.

Back